How do people feel about BluOS?

I have Roon and it is quite nice.  BluOS is disappointing vs Roon.  Its worth it to get Roon for life and a Nucleus or equiv.

plus SQ potential with Roon is better than bluos.   Bluos is alot better than heos.

bluos is a nice backup.
jumia
I really like my BluOS and will take your word that Roon is better (they are not an apples to apples comparison) but having been in IT my entire life, Roon for Life depends on how long they are in business, not how long you last. And it based on the life of software and software companies, it probably will not be around 5-10 years from now. That, or something much better will come along for much cheaper. Which might be totally OK for folks. 
Roon is established.  Life membership will survive me as my will assigns it to a lucky sole.  
I don't care for it especially.  It was my first stream OS and my least preferred. I cannot abide the persistant queue. It is about on a par with MoOde. My two keepers are Volumio (mfg. custom) and piCore player/LMS.  You need a front end app for piCore but the art and customization are better.  For Qobuz or Tidal BubbleUPnP works great withe the free Volumio. piCore plays Pandora, BandCamp and Soundstream etc. that BluOS does NOT.
I ain't giving Roon $$ for something I can do myself.
But if that's your thing pCore does Roon. Volumio free does not. If you get a player with the custom Volumio (Pro-Ject. miniDSP, etc.) they play it and  most of the most popular stream services.
Blu OS works well for me.  I stream Qobuz and it works well.  There are frequent software updates, which can be a little bothersome, but overall it works very well.  Stable operation and good search and tagging capability.