Need recommendations for 20' speaker cable

When I first moved in my place years ago, my speakers fired down the long wall in a rectangular room. The speakers were 5 ft out from the front wall and the rear wall was 12 ft behind my listening seat. My amplifier was between the speakers so the standard 10 ft run of cable was sufficient.

Currently the system is turned 90° and as shown in my Virtual System pics, the speakers fire down the short wall with my listening seat directly at the rear wall.

Out of curiosity, I purchased a 100 ft spool of generic speaker cable and moved my speakers to their old location. I knew this would happen but I immediately got more depth, more separation of instruments. More localization of musicians, etc.

I don't want to move my rack so if I keep it this way I'm going to need 20 ft of speaker cables. The fact that I now use monitors and the terminals are 2 ft off of the floor only worsens the situation regarding length.

So, long story long, I'm looking for recommendations on 20 ft speaker cables preferably under $1,000 new or used.

Thanks.
devilboy
dletch2 posted...

"The Dueland is more likely to behave like a tone control at those lengths."

Please explain why you feel this is "more likely" so for this particular cable.

DeKay
Post removed 
Ok, but this does not match my reality/experience with cables.

Look @ my listed cables (26G solid core copper in single +/- 12' runs with inches between them (+/-).

How many of my 26G wires would be required to achieve 12G?

@ least a couple dozen - right?

I've used these cables with normal speakers (meaning 2 & 3 way speakers) without any noticable loss in the lows/highs.

However, once when experimenting I tried 30' single runs to Reynaud Twins MkII's and did notice a slight attenation of the HF's using an Audio Silver Night DH/SET 300B amp as well as with a Musical Fidelity X-A1 amp.

I also ran 12' runs to Magnapan SMGA's with both a Pilot 232 PP El84 amp and a Carver 130 reciever (sounded great and this is with single +/- runs of 26G solid core cable).

When I had the Audion/Reynaud system up and running Two members of A'Gon who visited thought I had a hidden sub in the room (both used large/expensive full-range speakers).

Not a fan of Jeff Day, but then he's not always wrong.

How about listing your system in order that I/we can get a grip on where you are coming from?

DeKay
Another for Carare 4S11, use what the professionals use. I'm currently running 17' on my Maggie 3.7i with terrific results.
GearIT speaker cables from our friends at Amazon. 25ft 10Ga OFC woven jacket w/Gold plated banana terminations and wire boots will run you a whopping $42.99, delivered if have Prime.

I use these with my system and have no complaints. I used the change left over from what was recommended to buy a Hana 'S' moving coil cart. That definitely made an audible improvement.