Phono Stage That's not Schiit

I purchased a Rega P3 with their EYL2 cart installed - a big step up from my previous TT. I also picked up a Schiit Mani phono stage - hoping it would suffice - but I now know it's the weak point in my set-up. This is running through a Krell S-550i and N804s. I'm ready to upgrade the phono stage and have been reading threads here, but a lot of what is recommended is at higher cost then what I spent on the P3/EYL2. I don't anticipate upgrading the TT in the near future, but  the cart - yes. I'm hoping to find a phono stage for >$1k than will bring out the best of what I have. The  Pro-Ject Tube Box DS2 is one I'm looking at. I would prefer a warmer sound since the Krell is already cool-ish for me. I could go higher than $1k, I'm just not sure my rig warrants it. any suggestions would be appreciated.

128x128steverrino
Decware ZP3 https://www.decware.com/newsite/ZP3.htm Sweet tube sound, lifetime warranty, and if you need a SUT they make it easy with a couple different ones and a lifetime exchange program. Direct sales makes this equivalent to a $2500 stage. Only drawback, the wait time is a couple months. Which seems to me that is in its favor, as a lot of the really good stuff is like this.
Post removed 
+ 1 on the Puffin BIG bang for the buck 450-650. new...

+ 1 ZP3 Decware. 1200-2200. new. There are NO used ZP3s

LONG wait time.  I purchased mine Nov. 9, 2020 They posted my purchase  Nov 19, 2020

They haven't pulled the parts YET.. The 9th will be 6 months.

It also has a Tape option if you like..

32-36 weeks is actual build times though.. Guy need to hire some help.

Soundsmith too.. 4 weeks in stock.. Still no shipping..  One sick puppy..
That one I'm having a bit of a time with.. We'll see..

Sorry guys I went back to work after being shot and shattering my collar bone, three days later. Being BROKE never really slowed me down.. BECAUSE something always was, that make sense.. You get use to it being a mechanic.. Just the way it is.. three disk (2 in my neck one in my lower back) and WHOLE right hand right now...

oh  oh,, 16 heart attacks last year. Forgot about that.. Stupid thing..

I'm lucky, Guy at Soundsmith, they fitted him right up with blood clot for 6 months or so.. Took 4 months for my little clot BS last year. Never did get my wind back..

Puff Puff Pass brother.. I need to learn to stick and jab a little better.. I'm gettin' hit way too much.. LOL

Anyway felt like spewing, so I did..

Time to check on the chickens..

Regards
OP,. 

Consider this period in your audio life as an opportunity to get the best you can afford in a phono stage. You'll not be disappointed in the future.
Yeah, I understand your problem. I struggled with inexpensive ones. I bought highly recommended ones from a few hundred dollars and kept doubling it. I was always shocked by how bad they were. I finally got satisfied when I bought an Audio Research PH6... I think it was. I was never even remotely happy with phono stages until they were in the multiple thousands of dollars. But, you’ll get there. Happily I now own a Audio Research Ref 3, a wonderful sounding component.