DAC with multiple inputs

Looking for a dac, $5-800 used, with multiple digital inputs. Would like the benefit of dac with my cdp and cable box for music but price constraints limit me to one unit.
jamesw20
I don't know you CDP but, you could sell it to get a few more buck and go with the Quad CD-Pre. Has two or thing digital inputs, the player and a built in pre. Used about $900.
James,

First verify that you cable box will output a digital signal that is compatable with an external DAC. Many won't output PCM. For instance, my last 2-3 STBs only output Dolby Digital. For music, it comes out as a Dolby Digital 2-0 signal, so my DAC won't work.

Eldarado's suggestion of the Quad CD-P is a good one. This is an excellent one box player that has 6 digital inputs and it also has a built-in remote volume control. You can replace your CD player, DAC and Pre-amp with the Quad CD-P if you only use digital PCM sources.

Enjoy,

TIC
The CAL Alpha (used for $400-600) has four digital inputs, switchable from the front panel -- coax, balanced, toslink and AT&T fiber optic. Sounds great too, especially when using the balanced input. I'd love to try out the AT&T input but I've yet to find such a cable.
I have Comcast cable with Music Choice digital music channels.....will not play through my DAC.