6.5 vs 8 vs 10 woofer

IMHO I think the 8 is the ideal size cone for mid/small sized listening rooms. Even for large size listening rooms. 
The lower mid hz's seem cleaner/clearer. And  there is so little fq's in 905+ of the music we listen to, it seems to me the 8  driver is the most perfect size cone.
A 10 size cone  has the potential to become overwheling, aggressive, attacking when amp gain is pushed just a  tad too much, = Better  volume  control with a  8 vs a 10. 
The 6.5 misses some of that lower bass which a  8 can voice superior. 
After listening to several YT vids with a  10 FR, I had considered going 10, but i think  staying with a  8 avoids regrets. 
I listen at low/mid volume. 

mozartfan
So I'm no bass junkie and an 8" driver seems right for my small room. But I've heard some pretty amazing 12' and 15" drivers too that I would love to have if I had the room. So as has been said on this thread repeatedly there is no one right way. Great post @
They probably are with new woofers but with a vintage woofer you can use as large as you want because of the high impedance drivers. The high impedance and large coils and strong magnets allows them to control themselves and not need an amp to control them.
@b_limo 

Sounds like you're voting for quality of speaker over size. I agree - just got my own Revelator sub working (9") in the HT. Now for that Bryston 4B ...
OP you got their attention today!
I believe @larryi pretty much nailed it.
I fundamentally disagree with the notion that there is only one approach to any aspect of speaker design.......There are more ways to make a speaker system than there are ways to make lasagna--don't tell me that there is only one correct recipe, even if it happens to be the one I like.
So many different factors affecting quality of bass, not the least of which is acoustic suspension vs. bass reflex design, but also number of drivers, voice coil, magnet, cone material, surround, the box (size, shape, materials), impedance, crossover frequencies, sub(s) or not, and on and on.