Looking for a turntable around $1k...

I don’t and won’t have tons of $ to throw into an analog set up. I’m primarily digital and CD but I still have enough recordings that are vinyl only as well as others of sentimental value that I listen to regularly enough  that I can justify getting a decent turntable, at least at the price point I set. I know that some people have expensive opinions about turntables, but I can’t go there. 

My listening set up is a Schiit Mani phono preamp, a Decware Torii MkIV amplifier, and Omega 6.5” Alnico Junior XRS speakers if that all matters.

I’ve been using a Technics AT-LP120 for years and I have come to hate it. The tone arm is floppy and it has become pretty much impossible to lower the needle without it bouncing off the record. If someone down the block sneezes, the record skips. No matter where I place the table. Everything about it has gotten worse and I fear that the turntable is damaging my records at this point.

I’ve been considering the Rega Planar 3 but do I even need that?

Is there a sleeper turntable around $1k that I don’t know about?

Could I just get by with a Planar 1 or 2 given that vinyl is what I listen to 3rd most behind HD streaming and CD?

pip_helix
some people might hate on me for this.

Bang and Olufsen makes some fantastic turntables. New cartridges are expensive, but they look and sound so good.
"...Bang and Olufsen makes some fantastic turntables. New cartridges are expensive, but they look and sound so good..."

B&O was considered more style than performance, most would only take cartridges specifically designed for B&O. In high end audio they were not favored for those reasons. 
I would look gently used, your $$ will buy much more.
I picked up a VPI Aries Scout in that price range a few years back a great table for the money.
OP here....

I want to buy new for the possibility of financing through a dealer and because my brother bought a used turntable once and shipping wasn’t kind to it.

So I figured I’d go with my original choice and get a Rega Planar 3. Even though they’re listen in stock all around, no vendor seems to actually have one. 6 week wait.

The VPI table isn’t in production anymore.

So then I went looking at the Schiit Sol which can’t be ordered from their website and per another audio forum is on hiatus for the foreseeable future due to supply chain issues.

I have to admit that I was drawn to the Rega because my wife also likes its looks. I should have put that looks were a consideration on account of WAF in my original post.

Anyway, time to dig back through this post and into some of the other suggestions....

Pro-Ject is interesting but damn do they have a lot of models....what’s up with that?
Pro-Ject is awful in my opinion, just like nearly all belt-drives under $1k.
You can't even adjust tonearm VTA on many of them. Such a toys. 

Meanwhile a brand new Technics mk7 Direct Drive is back in stock and cost only $900