Ikeda 9GSS cartridge compliance

Hi

One of the cartridges I may be interested in is the Ikeda 9GSS. The specs for the dynamic compliance is listed at 10 X 10-6cm/dyne. Does anyone know if that is rated at 10hz or 100hz? It makes a big difference. Some Japanese cartridge manufacturers usually rate them at 100hz but some also rate them at 10hz. I would like to know. 

Does anyone own this cartridge and if so what tonearm are you using it with? Thank you.

Scot

scothurwitz
I own a 9GSS and it works perfectly with my Ikeda IT 407 CR-1 tonearm.

The best sounding cartridge I own
Chakster

Thank you for your response.

I thought (and have been told & read) the difference between compliance measured at 10hz vs 100hz is doubled. If a cartridge measured at 10hz has a compliance of 5 cu then that same cartridge when measured at 100hz would have a compliance of 10 cu. Is that not correct in reverse. It kills me when a manufacturer doesn’t state this important spec.

Jperry

Thank you for your response 

I am also considering an Ikeda 9GSS cartridge. Do you use a step up transformer or do you go into a active phono preamp? It’s amazing how some people swear by step up transformers and wouldn’t be without one and other people don’t believe in them and prefer going directly into a phono pre. Also, what cartridge were you using before the 9GSS? 

Thank you you both for your opinions and help, it’s greatly appreciated. Take care.

Scot
@scothurwitz 

Scot, I have a number of cartridges I used before the 9GSS. Benz LPS, EMT JSD 75, etc. You can see most on my system page. Just click on jperry at the top of the post.

Ikeda sells a SUT so I would assume that is preferred over an active step up. I use the internal SUT in my Luxman CL-38Uc.

If you are in Phoenix, AZ let me know

Good Luck with your search.

Jim Perry