The Intellectual People Podcast - Galen Gareis (Former Belden Wire Designer)

Former Belden Wire Designer Galen Gareis explains how cables need to meet certain standards and the design parameters around them. He also speaks about the actual science and the subjective side within hifi audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tgi7njiRSM

128x128jtwrace
It’s so funny: #measurementmorons with after market cables always say one of the following excusing themselves for having them:

1) They got them for free or very cheap

2) They look good. Audio jewelry 

Heck! One of them said he got a $16,000 DAC because it looks good instead of a $50 China DAC that measures the same therefore sounds the same, just because it looks good. A little subjective?
Well when doug and dltech start sparring I dont know how much more fun this could be. An armchair dilettante or a self-styled audio journalist who writes for anyone who might possibly listen. The hubris on both sides is worth 10 times the price of admission. Both of you guys need to chill and stop taking yourselves so seriously. Blind listening........system building......blah blah blah pfffft!
I always thought Douglas is a honest, down to earth guy. Not just his reviews, but personal interaction (here and other places) as well.
As for your “armchair dilettante” comment on the other guy, I fully agree. It’s the age of the Internets. I have read so many replies from these #measurementmorons types, I can practically write what they say automatically without even thinking. It’s just the same stuff they say over and over and over. It’s like in autopilot. I can honestly predict with 100% accuracy their replies to me, before I say something. It’s hilarious
If you had to go “special” might as well go all in special. What have you got?