I purchased a mid level analog system 6 months ago 
     project classic
     Hana sl
     Musical Surroundings Phenomena II+I’ve compared the analog to my digital 
      Roon 
      Chord Qutest 
      24/192 & Streaming 

and ;

After listening to a bunch of albums and music.

A well recorded album with a well setup analog is tough to beat . The analog has a certain snap to the drums and bass that digital cannot match.  Extremely , quiet and smooth
 The mid level price point and the associated quality is surprising to me 
Do not get me wrong , digital is close , but good albums really can show a difference 

Ive listened, at homes with much better analog setups, and the difference seems to get better 

So, For you guys think to take the analog jump ?

Don’t worry 

Jeff

frozentundra
@sns - Well said. That has been my experience too. Right now my streaming setup is the best, but I could put more effort into my analog front end and maybe then it would be king of the roost. Back and forth it goes.
Reruam

Thanks for link
1 hour long.      
Great listen 

I agree with intro turntable setups description 
They all sounded dull and lifeless to me , too

The knee for “ that vinyl magic” 
where you get the “ wow” moment is the big question ............

The tone audio guy said $10-20k , now days 

I had my wow moment on a setup, about 8 yrs ago
      acoustic solid Tt
      Triplaner arm
      Kisiki cart
      Esoteric phono 

So, I know what it sounds like 

But, The 3k in mine is , gosh darn , I get a good pile of the magic 

jeff

I swore off vinyl years ago.  I have been staring at my big shelf of records for a long time with no way to play them.  I decided to buy a PS audio nu wave phono stage, party because of it's AD converter to use for other reasons.  I have always kept an old Dunlop Systemdek IIX laying around.  It has a Grado black cart.  I plugged it all in and played a couple records and was quite disturbed at how great it sounded, this was with a worn out 75 dollar cart.  I decided to get a better cart.  Ortofon Quintet black.  Now this was a big jump up.  Music I had tried to connect with via digital (and really good digital, DCS Rossini DAC and clock) I was now getting into.  There is a density to the sound that the digital lacks.  Also yes very frustrating at times with the pops and clicks and even complete crap brand new records (I swear the colored vinyl sounds worse)  I have upgraded my player to a VPI Classic 3 and Hana ML cart.  Nowhere near the top of the heap but mid level analog probably.  I know I can do better with phono stage and probably cart and table and arm but for now I am enjoying the ride and playing full albums and getting to know things I thought I should like but always my mind wandered when playing.  Now I have a connection to albums I hadn't before and if it takes playing it via vinyl then it's worth it.  There is so much to learn and tweak with vinyl it's not an easy thing but there are moments of pure bliss in sound you can achieve.  I am coming from very top of the line digital and dollars to dollars aren't even close in my digital system vs current analog but when the record is good and quiet I have to say I prefer the analog over the digital.  There is also a bit of joy in owning the music as an actual item you can hold in your hands.  Shopping for music has always been a lot of fun and now I'm able to do that again.  I just need to learn how to best clean these records to make them as silent and pop and click free as possible now.