What’s your obstacles on the way of listening

Summer time is coming, birds are going crazy, saws and grass cutters are buzzing, hummers are knocking, leaves are rustle... what else is on the way of your listening? ... my best season of listening is Christmas time and fallowing couple of months. Looks like Arctic Circle geographically the best place for critical listening:)... lucky Alaskans and North Canadians :)
surfmuz
@cd318

Entertaining post!  To some of your comments:

I rode London's ("tube") a lot in the mid-late 90's.  Got a big kick out of "Mind the Gap."  Only the Brits.  A few times I rode it all the way from the West End to the far East End.  One could hear the accents change as riders boarded and departed along the way.  Probably the same in NYC.

Where I live, public transit has dedicated elderly seating.  If it's crowded, most folks honor it.

A suggestion for the blender (it only lasts seconds but it's a jolt if you don't know it's coming).  My sister uses a super-cheap blade coffee grinder at her place (instantaneous jump to 100+ db on quiet mornings).  Before I start it, I warn everyone it's coming.  I've told my family why I do that, but they don't get it.  Your wife doesn't need to get it - just ask her to warn you.

I'm pretty old, but I never ever expected to see punk and Percy Faith mentioned in the same paragraph.

@mastering92, you could take the 'pro-active' approach....

Snug up to the punks....share a blunt wid da kidz.  Check out their act, see if they're dealing, or just burning 'n basting.

If the latter, opine they're smoking floor sweep and they ought to chat up their source.

I did that to some that thought my porch was a great place to burn.
Came out, sucked their pinroll down to zilch, told them to go punch out their contact. (It was trash, really...)....

Never saw them again.
“lucky Alaskans and North Canadians :)”

Unsure if the Canadians define themselves as lucky at this moment in history.