Sending a 110 lb amp to the manufacturer for cleaning/calibration. Good idea? How to ship?

Hi All,

So I reached out to Simaudio as my amp (Simaudio Moon Titan HT200 5 channel) is getting a bit long in the tooth. It performs truly flawlessly and is just beautiful and barely even gets warm after running all day long. I was just more curious than anything about lifespan, etc. Simaudio replied right away. They said all the units they'd manufactured since 2001 are still "active". However they did recommend sending it to them (if I could be without it for a few weeks) for "cleaning and calibration".  

Couple of things, I can't even go 1 day without this unit. But beyond that just the thought of packing this thing up and shipping literally makes me cringe. I'd certainly pay extra if there was some way to avoid UPS/FedEx or any other means like that. Any recommendations and have any of you ever done something like this?

Would appreciate any advice. Thanks all in advance...
kingbr
Only a 4 hour drive?

Aaahhhhh, that’s nothing.
We would leave early morn, catch breakfast, drop off the amp,
Lunch on the way home. Wait a week or what it takes, drive back and pick her up. That’s what I would do these days.
Grab a basket w food, stop along the way for lunch on way home, in a field, or park somewhere and have a nice lunch with the wife and kids, or just yourself. Yup, 4 hours away, don’t change shipping. Tell them to upgrade , replace any parts, or most aging parts, caps, transistors, relays, or whatever is needed.
a nice amp like that deserves a good overhaul, plus there should be an additional warranty after upgrade. I think,ost do a 1 year, but talk with them, and maybe you can extend that.........

hope it all works out.
enjoy the road trip. BTW, just took a look at your prized amp, wow,! What a amazing looking amp, the specs are wicked good!
  Something like that would never be shipped by us, too nice to ship such a beautiful and heavy amp.

Congrats, she is a beauty!
2 road trips? A savings of what, $1200 shipping, for a total of both ways?
Peace of mind, a chance to tour the Simaudio shop? Can’t argue with that.
Man, talk about DIY? This puts a whole new/another spin on the term.
A chance for an extension of warranty and other goodies? Ask them to through
in a brand new updated shipping crate for shiggles and gits for being such a down customer of course! 
Only 4 hrs each way. Nothing to save and update his beloved amplifier. !!

Not looking forward to my trip to California at all!
hoping it’s many years from now, even with great chance of a successful ship trip, will be nice to get away with the family for a while. 
 Yeah, 4 hours is very much worth it!
leave early ,like 4 am. Will be ahead of all traffic ! Have breakfast as mentioned, until they pen, drop her off, ask questions, ask for a tour of your absolute favorite brand and amplifier etc etc. 

keep us posted .....
.....will be nice to hear such a nice success story. 
Road trip seems like an easy decision for an end game component. 

I've travelled further to avoid shipping for several purchases, mostly larger speakers(90# each in the first instance and 110# each in another) since they are the most prone to damage from shipping.  

Good Luck!