Sending a 110 lb amp to the manufacturer for cleaning/calibration. Good idea? How to ship?

Hi All,

So I reached out to Simaudio as my amp (Simaudio Moon Titan HT200 5 channel) is getting a bit long in the tooth. It performs truly flawlessly and is just beautiful and barely even gets warm after running all day long. I was just more curious than anything about lifespan, etc. Simaudio replied right away. They said all the units they'd manufactured since 2001 are still "active". However they did recommend sending it to them (if I could be without it for a few weeks) for "cleaning and calibration".  

Couple of things, I can't even go 1 day without this unit. But beyond that just the thought of packing this thing up and shipping literally makes me cringe. I'd certainly pay extra if there was some way to avoid UPS/FedEx or any other means like that. Any recommendations and have any of you ever done something like this?

Would appreciate any advice. Thanks all in advance...
kingbr
Only you can decide if it’s worth it to you.   I have no experience with service from that specific company so can’t comment there. Maybe others can.   If they have a good track record servicing their older gear that would be a plus. 
Send an email to Simaudio asking them how and who they use to ship to their US dealers.

They are wonderful folks that build some kick ass gear. I am a owner and huge fan.
Feel your pain kingbr. A 110lb amp? If it's working fine, I'd be more than happy to do nothing but glow in the joy in knowing I'd bought a fine component that the company tells me is still supported. As I age, small components just seem so much more appealing!  I've wrestled with some humungous gear in my time but I'll never buy a component I can't lift and pack easily on my own ever again.
Post removed 
I concur with MC, but would add one comment.  When you feel your amp needs refreshed, many skilled technicians exist who can work on it.   Better to have a short road trip to someone you can talk to who will commit to a timeframe ahead of time, than risk the issue of shipment. That way all shipping problems are avoided and you have control over your amplifier.