Good 2 channel integrated amplifier for 702 s2 under 3k?

Hey everyone just purchased a pair of new B&W 702 s2 speakers today but am trying to decide the best way to power them for 2-3k. I would like to stay closer to 2k but can stretch to 3k if necessary. I will be using these for 50% music of all types and 50% movies. I would love to upgrade to a 5.1 at some point but I am looking at amplifiers because I don't want to sacrifice sound quality and don't have an affordable solution to this. My priorities are to get as much deep bass as possible out of them and to try and warm up the harsh high frequencies if possible. Here are some I am considering:

1. Rotel RA-1572 (2x120W) 
2. Rotel RA-1592 (2x200W) 
3. Musical Fidelity M6si (2x220W)
4. NAD M10 (2x100W)
5. NAD C 388 BluOS-2i (2x150W)
6. Arcam SR250 (2x250W)

I am open to new suggestions and have just started my search. I am also interested to know if I will really need the RA-1592 with 200W or if the cheaper version with 120W should be enough if I go with Rotel? Also, if there is a good option for an AV reciever that will sound comparable but allow me to go with 5.1. Thanks!

km1181
Hi km1181,

I recently purchased a last gen model, the B&W CM9 S2. I started using the B&W with my Peachtree integrated and didn't experience any harsh highs. However, when I moved my existing KEFs to the home theater room to run with a current Sony 5.1 receiver, the KEFs became very harsh to my ears. The KEF Q150s are a net upgrade over the $60/pair Polk I was using in that space, but the Polks didn't sound harsh at all. The harshness is so bad, I seriously think about going back to the Polks. But I will more than likely upgrade to a nicer receiver or pre/pro w amp to see if I can tame the harshness in that system. 

Some of my takeaways are: (1) synergy is important; (2) Polk actually did a fantastic job voicing their entry level bookshelves to match the electronics that people would most likely pair them with; (3) the KEFs and B&W really can be harsh like people say. 

The OP in this other thread also complained of harshness for his B&W (https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/best-lower-end-cables-for-b-w-speakers). The OP there was hoping to solve the issue with new speaker cables. I pointed out that the likely culprit for him was the home theater receiver, not the speaker cables. 

So, assuming that our B&W models are sufficiently similar, I think a Peachtree integrated would make a good match for your speakers. Besides my experience matching B&W and Peachtree, there are a few technical reasons the two would be a good match theoretically. First, I've read that B&W likes very clean, low noise, SS equipment. Peachtree is those things. Second, many B&W speakers have a large impedance swing across the frequency spectrum--3ohm to 8ohm if I recall. And Peachtree in their marketing material state that their equipment handles a very wide range of impedance loads. Third, the newer Peachtree Nova's have a home theater bypass, which would be useful since you're looking to run surround in the future--good with your upgrade path. Fourth,  Peachtree amps have lot of watts, which is considered to be ideal for movies.

All TVs that I know have an optical output for audio. If you're running optical from a TV into an external DAC, I highly recommend a reclocker of some kind. I use an iFi Spdif reclocker in my stereo system between the streamer and DAC. It made one of the biggest differences in my system. I can't underscore the difference it made enough. I imagine a reclocker will be just important when connecting to a TV via optical. 
Get yourself an Anthem MRX 520 or the new 540 AVR around $1500.00 it has pre outs for all the speakers which means you can get seperate power amps and use the AVR like a pre amp.Use the AVR for the surround speakers and get a Parasound NewClassic 2125 v.2 (400 WPC bridged mono) to run your center channel. $600.00Then get a  Parasound  NewClassic 2250 v.2 $999.00 (275 WPC) to run your front B&W 702 s2 speakers.
And you can even hook up 2 subs if you want or need more bass.Total cost around $3000.00 to $3200.00 USD Amplifiers - Stereo