Never Use HiFi-Exquis - Worst Merchant Ever!

I made a purchase from Hifi-Exquis in China for a Muzishare 845 integrated amp.

I paid for Fedex shipping and the total cost was about $2400.

They sent it DHL in retail box without the second box and padding that comes with it from the factory. It weighs 100lbs. When it arrived the entire front plate with the controls and meter was broken off and the mounting screws sheared off.

It has been weeks now trying to get a refund but they refuse. They keep jerking me around asking me to fix it. The screws need to be drilled out and there is other internal damage to the selector switch and I would expect many tubes may have been damaged. They never mention there may be 1000V inside if I start poking around!

DHL will not open a claim for me. They say the merchant has to send a return shipping label. But they refuse.

Paypal says I have to ship it back to get a refund because that is their policy??? Since when? The merchant is responsible to pay for the return of damaged items.

So now it is with American Express to reverse the payment to Paypal (and thereby the merchant).

These guys are the absolute worst dealer I have ever encountered in buying anything in my over 50 years on this planet.

Yes I am a very stupid person for buying anything from a merchant in China. Learn from my mistakes.

calieng
I feel bad for you i do not even want to think about how many times this will happen now that the internet sales have taken off and the dealers are dying off.
I know someone who bought a Line Magnetic amp directly from China without going through the US distributor and had a similar experience. Damaged during shipping with basically no recourse. The prices they give on the websites to buy directly from China are so tempting but its just not worth the risk in my opinion. 
AMEX should have your back.   Don’t get me started on banks, and I stopped taking cards.  You should be fine.  
@garyalex 

What does the pandemic and where it started have to do with this?
Hmm? I'm sorry. Apparently you have not had enough cheap junk from China, including a pandemic which they hid & still will not allow us to pursue its origins. I'm just the kind of guy that prefers not to deal with the man who burns down my house. But, that's just me.