Blue sound vault2i

Are there better quality alternatives?

Even after all these years, there isn’t really a solid competitor?

recluse
BluSound is a Divison of NAD. 
Loads of streamers out there. I am partial to Moon Mind2 have it in my 380. Also had the stand alone Mind2 running through the HAD 230 for a while.
Yes, streamers have been greatly improving and many options are available and the more you pay (in general) the better they sound. The streamer makes a big difference. Aurender has a great line of them, I have two. It’s easy to move files over network or pocket drive... or...
Thanks. Was not aware that these could rip.

Innuous
aurender

these are nice and  can get pricey - 18k

anything else?

moon nice website and look, but doesn’t have built cd ripper and storage
I have had a Vault 2i for about two years and for the money its pretty good.    Using it with an outboard DAC with great results.   Good user interface with my Andriod and Apple devices .. .   
OP
Melco N100 has same functionality as Bluesound Vault2.  It does require Ethernet.  It costs the same as a Vault2 and sounds about twice as good.  It has attached 2TB HD, same as Vault2.  Melco sells a ripper, which can also be used as a CD Transport, for the same amount, which I just purchased,but I had been using an Apple Optical drive and that works quite well.  You need an external DAC, but the DACs are the weakest link with Bluesound so that is a non issue.
More to discover