Mission 753 Floorstanders?

I have a pair of Mission 753 Floorstanders sitting in my basement. I bought them 20 years ago but have not used them in 10 years. I see no threads or interest here in Mission speakers. Does anyone have info or opinions on how Mission is viewed in the audio world?

I assume that they are of a quality lower than what the typical Audiogon poster would ever use. Thanks.
sruffle
Interesting. Thanks for the comments. My wife does not want Floorstanders in our living room so they are consigned to the basement for now. I haven't listened to them in a long time but remember them as being good on a lot of different types of music.
Ahhh Missions. My first what I considered to be my first affordable audiophile speaker. Personally I think the original 770 was the start of affordable audiophile speaker. From there they had good and bad. I was ready to pull the trigger on a set of 765's when my local asked me to wait because he was getting a new Cyrus/Mission line. The 78x series. Well I'm really glad I waited an extra 3 weeks. I ended up with the 782 monitors which didn't sound as nasally as the 765's, smoother highs and although not as deep of bass a much less muddied bass. Best of all they retailed for 800 vs 1500 for the 765's. The only speaker I liked better at that time frame was the B&W matrix 3's but couldn't step up to the 2500 window sticker. Still have the 782's today but haven't listened to them in 3 years.

From some things I've read current mission speakers seem to be a surprising good value for the money although I no longer have any local mission dealers for me to verify that.

So my experience is that most the missions were a very good speaker value back in the day.
My first truly great sounding system was a pair of Mission 717's, driven by a really nice Yamaha receiver and a B&O Beogram 3404 turntable. I bought it all in the autumn of 1982, and enjoyed the music through the Missions until 1997, when I "upgraded" to my current Vandersteens. From what I remember, the Missions were wonderful speakers, true to the music and non-fatiguing. My LP collection of classic rock, blues, and jazz got along quite well with the Missions and the rest of the gear.
I bought these while living in Greece after just graduating from college in 1992. Somehow I ended up buying the Missions and Celestion SL6si's within 6 months of each other. I still listen to the Celestions and have not bought anything since. It's amazing how long quality speakers will last.