Best linear PSU under $1000?

For powering things like a lumin u1 mini, pi2aes etc. What is the best under $1k? Obviously sbooster mk2 and uptone lps 1.2 come to mind. Any others?
Keces p8, Plixir Elite BDC are others I can think of.
smodtactical
@rareace, I cannot answer your question because I briefly used the JS-2 in my system, powering the USB card and the SPDIF converter before relocating it to power my modem and router.

Also, I used the Cerious Technologies Graphene Matrix DC umbilical with the JS-2. I was not able to use the GM cable with the Illuminati V3. 

DC cables make a difference, and using the same DC cable would allow me to compare the two units fairly.

I returned the V3 to fund the EVO DAC that I now have.

@c_avila1 Thanks for the feedback. I'll be getting my V3 soon and excited to compare it to the V1. How is the EVO DAC? What DAC did you have prior to it?
-Alex
@rareace The EVO is the most musical DAC I've heard. Let's not derail this thread. I recommend that you read the Mojo Audio Mystique EVO thread for more user reviews. 
I actually recently did a lot of research into this.  I have a Farad Super 3 power supply on the way to replace the china ebay LPS I have for my Pink Faun S/PDIF card.  I couldn't get the china/ebay ps to work well even after I rebuilt/upgrade it and experimented with different types of output capacitor (it had this really huge 4800uf cap on the output line, best we can come up with is the regulator circuit is really slow or unstable and requires a huge cap on the output to fix this).

The Keces has been said to be pretty good, but does not match the sound quality of the Farad.  I would only get the Keces P8 if I absolutely needed that much current.  2 x 4A output or a single 8A output.  This is HUGE and really is only needed if you are driving a computer type device or something like small monoblock amps (such as the Nelson Pass DYI project amps).

I liked the design of the Farad because it uses big beefy main power supply caps and very good post regulator caps.  I looked at the JCAT power supply, but I really think that it's massively overpriced for what is actually inside.  Inside only has 6 smallish caps and what looks to be an IC type regulator (like a 7912 or a LT varient).  There is no discrete regulation circuit in the JCAT.
I have been waiting for an LPS better than the Uptone JS-2 to come along. There are now some claims the Farad is better from testimonials. Let's see how this pans out.

auxinput you are correct in thinking the JCAT LPS just looks to be a standard design with normal LT regulators inside. Nothing special going on there, while the Farad looks like a well thought out design.