Smooth/Musical Bookshelves upto $1500 - $2000

Hi members,

Greetings, I'm so glad to have found this forum. This is my first post and i'm taking my first step into real/proper Hi-Fi. Some details.

Room Size = 12ft x 10ft
Music Source = Desktop PC
Music Type = Pop, Rock, Hip-Hop, Dance, House, Techno.
Budget for speakers = $1500 - $2000 ( Bookshelves )

I like a Smooth and Musical sound which is easy on the ears, a kind of sound which is comfortable to listen for long hours. Basically fatigue free listening.

Unfortunately i have very sensitive ears. A Bright/Analytical/Forward sound gives me a headache within minutes and High Treble pierces my ears and they start hurting rather quickly.

At the same time i'd like the sound to be involving & exciting with a melodious character with a bit of detail. Taught bass with excellent vocals is preferred. I'm willing to add a Subwoofer. ( separate budget )

I'd like to invite suggestions for Bookshelves which fit the above description. I hope such a Speaker exists which is involving & exciting but at the same time smooth and musical.

Regards,

Rana.
rana_kirti
guys thanks for the amazing support and suggestions provided to me. I've shortlisted the speakers and now will be spending the next couple of weeks auditioning.

I'll come back and update my findings.

Happy Holidays to all :)
so friends,

i spent the last few months auditioning many speakers. Although were great in their own ways, the 3 combinations that really struck a chord in my heart are....

1. PSB Synchrony 2B + Nad 375BEE

for it's effortless smooth sound. a very musical combination which i found to be so very easy on the ears with a pleasant approach to music while still delivering lots of detail. beautiful

2. Nola Boxers + McIntosh MA6300

for it's wonderful sound full of detail/texture yet having a wonderful three dimensional sound stage. It had a breathtaking sound which captivated me.

3. PSB Image B6 + Nad 326BEE

for being less than half the price of the above combinations and still sounding absolutely brilliant. A part of my heart says to save a lot of money by buying this combo but another part says buy one of the above combinations.

I'm looking for the long haul. I will keep this purchase for many years to come and although i get to hear music only for an hour or 2 a day i want to hear the best sound that i can afford.

What say guys...?
Not to throw a wrench into the mix but the Revel M106 speakers are supposed to be special based on the early hype from CES....release in April. It would be interesting to listen to the Nola and Harbeth offerings.
"I'm looking for the long haul. I will keep this purchase for many years to come"

Then forget the Image B6 and go for one of the other two... or even check out PSB's Imagine B.