10" self powered sub-woofers.....

I was using an NHT B10 d to supplement the bottom end of my Acoustat 100 hybrid speakers...  electrostatic panel over an 8" woofer module.  Due to the unexpected death of one of the subs in our living room I decided to move the B10 d there, to augment an NHT C10, and replace the sub in my listening room/office.
Since I've had good experiences with Stereophile Recommended Components over the years I decided to look up their recommendations on 10" subs and found a Martin Logan Dynamo 800X which is a 300 W 10" sub with ARC and phone app controls. It also meets the maximum width of 14.0" I have available for it.  The other alternative is the also recommended JL Audio E110 at about double the price.  Since there really aren't any salons in Miami to go listen to this gear being able to return it after 60 days or thereabouts if it doesn't work as contemplated is essential.  I can get the ML from Music Direct or Amazon... probably Best Buy too.
Any other recommendations are welcome as long as they meet the 14.0 maximum width criteria, are self powered and designed for music as a primary application vs. home theater explosions.
Thanks

midareff1
Thanks for the response.  I looked at the SVS and it does tick many of the right boxes, size, return-ability and remote app.  I'm just not sure of the ability of a 12" sub at that price point to be able to run with the 8" woofers and panels on music.  If it was movies only I'd think it might be perrfect.  I do have more reviews to get into though,  thanks for taking the time to respond.
JL is expensive, but ... their auto room correction and integration software has great results.
 If it was movies only I'd think it might be perrfect.
@midareff1
If you were looking for an SVS product for movies, one of their ported subs would probably be the better option.  The SB1000s are sealed as are (to the best of my knowledge) the 1000 Pro subs.  I use mine exclusively for music with both Totem Forest and Silverline Prelude Plus speakers (6.5" mid-range/bass driver & 3.5" drivers, respectively).  Both Forests and Preludes are ported.  I run them full range.  The Forests rarely need them.  Subwoofer integration with either speaker brand is seamless.  Crossover, Phase and Gain are continuously adjustable.  Bass is fast and tight.  Once properly set up, you don't know the subs are on until you turn them off (well, aside from the little blue diode in an upper corner).  Of course, this is all my room, my ears, blah blah blah.  Three rules of audio:  1) You can always spend more; 2) There's always something that'll sound better; 3) Pursuing #1 doesn't guarantee #2.  Nice bass "test track":  Bela Fleck's Flight of the Cosmic Hippo.  Good luck with your decision.       

+1 for the "test track" ghosthouse lists above.

FWIW, I'm very happy with the Tekton 4-10 subs. There was about a 3 month wait time for mine though.