Luxman LX-380 for LS3/5a's? Alternative?

Hopefully there is somebody in the group who can give an answer to which Luxman amplifier is 'the best' match for my Rogers LS3/5a's? These are the current production Classic ones, 15 Ω.

The LX-380 has 4 6L6 output tubes in push-pull, and this could be a great match. The Rogers E20a(II), designed with the LS3/5a in mind, has the same tube configuration.

Now, having said that, I am not into tubes as if it is a religion. At the moment I use a Sugden A21se Signature, that drives the speakers very well. 

The thing is, that the current Luxman lineup has too many awesome amplifiers. So I am also looking at the L-590AX-II and the CL-38uC/MQ88uC. These are all too awesome..

But I keep coming back to the 'simple' LX-380..

I am very interested in your real life opinions.

Thanks!
gamal
I’ve run the Sugden A21SE for years and with original Rogers LS 3/5As.  I love that amp, but it is quite cable sensitive to get the bass right.  I finally settled on Decware Silver cables.  I’m not saying that is the only cable that works, just my experience.
I own a 590AX II with Harbeth 30.2's, so in theory a speaker much like the LS3/5. As for my amp and speaker match-up, I love the sound, clear, crisp but not sharp, so perhaps some would say on the warmer side. I can listen all day to it. I would say that the combination is a bit 'polite' for heavy rock and roll/metal, although I can get them louder then I ever want to listen with just Class A 30 watts, and I listen to every type of music on the setup without a concern.
I would think the Luxman 380 with the LS speakers would be amazing. 
I can’t comment on the Rogers but I can on the LX-380. I bought one recently with the intention of using it on Cornwall IV, which arrive tomorrow. In the meantime, I’ve been playing around with it on other speakers, PMC IB2i and ADS L1290/2. I’m rather stunned by its quality and versatility.

In theory, at 14w into 4 ohms, the Luxman should have no business with the 89db, 4ohm load of the PMCs in my main system. But it drives them with aplomb, easily energizing my 600+sq/ft room and sounding sweet, clear, and rich. It even provides decent bass, which is spec’ed down to 25hz on the Ib2i. Now, I usually drive these speakers with 200 watts of Class A solid state. In the past I’ve used 150w/channel VAC 300.1a tube amp. So, I expected the paltry wattage of the Luxman to strain and clip and choke, sounding thin and generally lousy. Quite the opposite: this combo, a complete mismatch on paper, sounds remarkably good. Not quite up to my big amps on these speakers but definitely listenable.

Moving it into my office system on the ADS L1290 was even better. These speakers are 90db at 8 ohms, a slightly more congenial load, but not one you’d think ideal. I’m kind of blown away by this combo. It is excellent. I might just keep it together and find something else for the Cornwalls!

Bottom line is, Luxman must wind some fantastic output transforms because this low-watt IA seems to drive anything. I can’t say how the 15ohm Rogers would react; the Lux does not offer taps for different impedance; but I’d guess it would sound pretty darned good.

On more thing: the phono section is quite respectable, both MM and MC. My system is heavily vinyl-centric (3 TT, 5 tonearms), and this thing is not embarrassed by my high-end phono stages. It’s not very flexible, with fixed MC loading at 100, but good nonetheless.

I think the LX-380 is a little gem. And it is quite a lovely-looking piece, too, for a guy like me who remembers the ’70s.
Thank you all for your detailed insight, guys!

It looks like I can confidently stick to my first choice: the LX-380. An all-in-one beautiful package. Exactly what I 'need', and definitely exactly what I want. I can't say that you made it easier for me to make my choice, since all of these Luxman are beautiful instruments in their own right. 

The L-590AXII is tempting because its ease of use (no valves), and the power reserve above the class A limit of 30W/Ch. 

The LQ83-UC/MQ88UC is relatively 'cheap' compared to the integrated amp (€7000 Euro's vs. €9500 for the pre/power). And it has definitely an truly remarkable (transformer) phono stage. 

But I think the 6L6GC's are more balanced (I won't say neutral)  for my LS3/5a's than the bolder sounding KT88's.

Thanks again for the virtual listening session ;-)

It looks like you have made up your mind here on sticking with the LX-380. I came across your forum in considering luxman tubes with  falcon kit ls3/5a variation, 15ohm impedance. For what its worth, I have been using my L550axII (20 watt rated, but measured in one hifi magazine as clipping at near 70watts) pure class A. Based on my use of the 550 with three speakers (Original Cornwalls, ProAc Response D2, and these falcons), the description offered above (They can drive speakers with authority. The overall signature is balanced with articulate midrange and treble. Bass frequencies are tight and resolving) is dead on. 

With the original cornwalls, which are quite warm on balance with rolled off top end, the 550 is excellent and could blow the windows out with volume. With the Proac Response D2, which I find to be warm on balance but with a slightly hot top end, the combo sounds wonderful and refined, but somewhat warm and dry. Good recordings sound great, bad recordings sound bad. With the Falcons which are bright on balance (too much treble energy IMO, but exciting), the 550 accentuates dryness and graininess in bad recordings, which is most of them. It could use some taming/smoothing out.

So I am curious how you ended up liking the 380 with the ls3/5a?