Definitely lonely to be an audiophile

Today Ricardo Arjona is broadcasting a virtual concert, I know most of you English natives don't care, but let's imagine is someone you like from "these" times, English speaking artist.

The neighbors have a crappy TV streaming the concert, really bad quality, my wife is upstairs watching on TV, really bad as well.

I do like his songs so I'm in my living room listening to his previous Hires records, on my super system, and I can hear next door the TV broadcasting and I'm wondering what the heck, am I crazy, I rather be alone enjoying the sound from previous Hires recordings, than socially sharing that "noise", it does makes me lonely though, I like social interactions, it is who I am, but definitely being an audiophile makes you an outcast. Just another dilemma, acceptance is bliss
Good night everybody

luisma31
OP.....what a wonderful thread you may have launched...I am streaming an artist I have never heard..in a language i can at best stumble thru at a first grade level...beautifulll.....

Ricardo Arjona featuring Gaby Moreno...

ya man !!!!!!!
It has been said that the person who can't stand to be alone can't stand the person they are alone with. 

Frank
I would argue that outcast and solitude within a framework of audiophilia are the same reflection, but vary depending on the angle. Acceptance and appreciation can help in tilting towards solitude instead of loneliness.

Bringing it back down to earth. I’m sure it’s a universal principle that adding a dog to the equation will help future listening sessions veer away from feeling lonely - it obviously has with me.
My mighty K-9 companion is always just an arms length away. Heaven will be full of dogs...All my old buddies will be there, or it just won't be HEAVEN.. Plane and simple..

Love to Pooch Smooch... Good girl...

Regards