Copland DRC205 digital room correction

Hi, has anybody known or used this new "equalizer"?
It seems a really good product, useful and extremely simple to understand, designed build around a Lyngdorf/Dynaton logic process.I've not found many informations about it, could you tell me how does it work really? Is 205 at the level of TACT or is it sloser to a Behringer DEQ2496???
I would like to try it in my listening room (a square plant room...) but in Italy it is very difficult to find and testing.
Thanks in advance for your support, sorry for my english but I've studied another language at school (and now I have to pay private lessons :-((( , I prefer buying CDs)

Massimo
massimobar
The Ashly 3.24 is new to me and very interesting. It appears the output delays are OK for typical subwoofer locations, but the manual doesn't say anything about maintaining phase linearity in the crossover filters.
Is there a US distributor or outlet for this product? My searching only turns up the Canadian site or Copland's home in Denmark. I confess, for the price and ease of set up, this is a most intriguing product. Do most of you place it before/after the preamp (assuming you haved separate pre and don't have a tape loop).

thanks
Hi,

I bought mine from Dave Tyree at Heirloom Audio in Denver. You can reach him at:

303-333-1504
[email protected]

Because of noise/distortion concerns, Copland does not recommend placement between the amplifier and preamplifier. You can use the tape loop or insert it between a source and input (clumsy, I know). I am using the latter configuration until I find a suitable integrated amplifier having a tape loop.

I read this in the TAS review under technical : Stereo RCA input, 1 V nom. Stereo RCA output, 1 V nom. "

If its to go between pre/power amp it needs to be better than that. Anyone have more detailed specs including input and output impedance. I would need to put it between CDP and passive linestage as I passivly bi-amp from the output of the passive linestage.

ET
This is one of the reasons Copland does not want the unit connected between the amplifier and preamplifier. It is equivalent to a line level device (such as a CD player) and does not have the voltage swing of an active preamplifier.

The input/output voltage of 1 volt nominal indicates unity gain. Input/output impedance is not given, although it would not be difficult to determine. Typical values are 47 K ohm or more at the input and 1 K ohm or less at the output. My manual states maximum output as being 2.4 volts.

Unless your passive preamplifier uses an autoformer, it does not have voltage gain, meaning that whatever voltage is produced by your line source must be sufficient to drive the power amplifier. Typical line level sources, such as CD players, have outputs that fall between 1 and 2 volts.

Is it possible that your power amplifier is unusually sensitive? If so, you might be able to insert the DRC between your passive preamplifier and amplifier (assuming suitable impedances). Hope this helps!