Copland DRC205 digital room correction

Hi, has anybody known or used this new "equalizer"?
It seems a really good product, useful and extremely simple to understand, designed build around a Lyngdorf/Dynaton logic process.I've not found many informations about it, could you tell me how does it work really? Is 205 at the level of TACT or is it sloser to a Behringer DEQ2496???
I would like to try it in my listening room (a square plant room...) but in Italy it is very difficult to find and testing.
Thanks in advance for your support, sorry for my english but I've studied another language at school (and now I have to pay private lessons :-((( , I prefer buying CDs)

Massimo
massimobar
Wazmoh,

Thank you for your response. I ordered my DRC 205 tonight. I look forward to it...
thanks for this Wazmoh.

I take it from the comments here you have used the pre-set BBC voicing??
How easy was the room measuring with the microphone and how is the quality??.

I have just spent the weekend demoing the Lyngdorf RP-1. Very easy to measure as I measured at the listening position and 10 measures around the room.
the system works well, however the voicing re-sets do not work for me. All of the pre set voicing's keep the treble flat out past 20k. That does not happen with tweeters in general when listening in a room, so it tends to add a layer of brightness in the upper octaves.
There is no user correction available. Lyngdorf have admitted that for the more advance listener, more voicing curves are required. they will not be offering user changeble curves. Lyndgdorf also don't offer the classic BBC curve that the Copland has.
My issue is that I have a 4-5db gain in the mid treble of 1k to 2.5k and that is fatiguing as well as making the music sound thin.
the Lyngdorf removed the mid treble gain, however due to the fact that the treblle does not roll off, it still sounds bright, just a litttle higher up in frequency.

Could you let me know how it goes and how easy/hard it is to use the PC and create your own curves??

cheers
Hi Downunder,

I am using the flat setting. I found the BBC curve a little warm for my tastes. I'll report back as soon as I've tried creating a custom setting.
Hi Wazmoh

" I am using the flat setting. I found the BBC curve a little warm for my tastes. I'll report back as soon as I've tried creating a custom setting"

Does the manual have what the flat and BBC curve settings look like?? Or can you plug your PC in and print out or email the curve settings to myself??

thanks

Shane
Hi Wazmoh

Don't worry, I got a copy of the manual and it has the curves inside it. very nice

Let us know how the custom curves sound and whether it is difficult or not.

regards

Shane