Klipsch Cornwall IV

Hello all,

I'm interested in what people who have heard the speaker feel about it. I currently run spatial M3 turbos and have an all tube analog setup ( line magnetic, hagerman ) with an oppo 105 being the digital front end.

Previous speakers have been acoustic zen, reference 3A, Maggie 3.6, and triangles. I am more concerned with a huge immersive sound stage than I am with pinpoint imagery. I have a big room and have plenty of space between the back wall and my speakers if I need it.

Any thoughts?
128x128simao
I was actually considering changing from my Tyler acoustics highland h2 to the Cornwall iv. I have heard the Cornwall iv but not in my own home and thought they sounded nothing like the ones i heard in the 80's and 90's.  The iv's were way more open and better sounding and a very fun speaker to listen to. 
My Cornwall experience:

I went from Harbeth SHL5+ to Klipsch Forte III and ultimately to Cornwall IV.

Going from the Harbeth to the Forte III, I immediately appreciated the increase in dynamics and having way more amplifier choices (in my experience, matching an amp to Harbeth is critically important--and not only from the perspective of power).

I drove the Forte with solid state and tubes, liked both. I enjoyed the Forte so much that I wondered what the Cornwall could add so when a pair popped up for sale locally I jumped on them.

Unlike the Forte, I wasn’t enamored right away. First, they are physically enormous--which I did not fully appreciate until they were in my room. They also required significantly more time and attention to properly set up.

I almost gave up after the second day, however, after a few hours of tweaking, and lots of blue painters tape, I got them dialed in. Finally, I was rewarded with the sound that owners rave about. The soundstage is absolutely massive, they are dynamic and I can listen for hours.

While not ruthlessly revealing, they are not as kind to poor recordings as the Forte are.

I’ve powered them with a Naim Uniti Nova and an Audio Note Cobra. Each have their respective strengths but I prefer the Cobra.

At the end of the day, the CW IV sound fantastic and I’m glad I stuck it out through the set up period.

@jayrossi13 Nice success story. You’re not the first CW owner I've read about who nearly gave up but ultimately found bliss. My CWs arrive on Monday, if YRC Freight comes through; I better brace myself for some serious travails. Good to hear the effort is likely to pay off.
Over here, in my digs, my Cornwall IV's are driven by a First Watt Sit-3 (18 wtc), with music streamed (Qobuz) through an Auralic Altair G1. 
I have not enjoyed the privilege of auditioning many components and/or systems, so I cannot know if my Cornwalls would sound better with a different amp or if my amp/dac would sound better with different speakers. I _do_ know that this combo sounds great to me!
The ability to project intimacy, nuance, depth and texture while also being capable of producing ear-to-ear grins from the power and dynamics satisfies my two most important criteria! 

I'm also not worried about their physical presence. I mean, if you're going to have speakers, then have speakers. As long as they are aesthetically pleasing, that I can make them work aesthetically in a room