Klipsch Cornwall IV

Hello all,

I'm interested in what people who have heard the speaker feel about it. I currently run spatial M3 turbos and have an all tube analog setup ( line magnetic, hagerman ) with an oppo 105 being the digital front end.

Previous speakers have been acoustic zen, reference 3A, Maggie 3.6, and triangles. I am more concerned with a huge immersive sound stage than I am with pinpoint imagery. I have a big room and have plenty of space between the back wall and my speakers if I need it.

Any thoughts?
128x128simao
Saburo that's a great few lines that you wrote there. I'm sure people can argue the finer points of your observation but nicely done. 39 posts and we get more value in what you write than some who post 20,000 completely idiotic pointless statements. Over the years this site has really been dumbed down but there's hope in sensible comments that talk about tradeoffs. Have yo heard the Devore Orangutans by chance? I'm trying to get a read on CWIV by comparing the o series which I know well. 
" @mahlman who in Huntsville is a dealer and has the CW IV on display? I thought all high end dealers were gone in Alabama. Mid-high end stores in Bham are long gone. I think Best Buy tried to put a Magnolia in their Hoover store and it's closed now I believe. They never had the good stuff anyway.   "
  I will have to call my Huntsville speaker buddy and find out. I have never been there but he and his friend were and both were irritated by their experience.

" If you are looking for the true klipsch sound you have to buy one made prior to 1981 otherwise you are buying an asian drivered klipsch not an american drivered klipsch and there is a major difference. "
  Well well well, an authoritative source for components I see. Last time I checked the Eminence woofers used in the CW4 were made in Kentucky. The Celestion tweets driver in England. Don't know about the mid driver.
  Yes the cheaper lines are Chi-com but not the heritage or pro lines.
" All Klipsch Heritage speakers are designed in the USA  by Roy Delgado and manufactured in Hope AR. "
  Having been in the factory and Roy's sound lab in person a year ago October I can verify your comment.
last time i got to listen to them [cornwalls] was in 1980, i remember their sound to be bombastic, the bass shook my innards on the bass drums, not so much on the organ pedals. contrasting them was an early large mirage tower [forgot the model] which in comparison was a breath of musical fresh air, they just sounded "right" to me whereas the cornwalls sounded loud and visceral. i really would love to be able to audition a modern pair of IVs. i know the composer wendy carlos liked 'em, used 4 of 'em in her studio.