Klipsch Cornwall IV

Hello all,

I'm interested in what people who have heard the speaker feel about it. I currently run spatial M3 turbos and have an all tube analog setup ( line magnetic, hagerman ) with an oppo 105 being the digital front end.

Previous speakers have been acoustic zen, reference 3A, Maggie 3.6, and triangles. I am more concerned with a huge immersive sound stage than I am with pinpoint imagery. I have a big room and have plenty of space between the back wall and my speakers if I need it.

Any thoughts?
128x128simao
@mlg  In comparison to classic series Spendors and the Harbeth world I came from; string and wood instruments are easier to pick out like violin vs a viola or clarinet vs a bassoon. etc. than on a the CWIV. I can't call it a horn coloration per se but rather a deviation somewhere in freq response. Another shortcoming is the tweeter, its extended and doesn't call attention to itself like past Klipsch speakers but the treble isn't detailed and lacks clarity. Like I wrote before, the CWIVs can be very resolving, more so than a speaker with a much lower sensitivity being superior at dynamic contrast that will leave a Harbeth sounding impotent. It comes down to tradeoffs, if you want dynamic expression that will suspend your disbelief that you're at a live show, the CWIV is masterful at this. Choosing CWIVs will ultimately depend on your sonic priorities, the rest of your system and the type of music you enjoy most.
@wrm57 assume I'm ignorant of what you're saying, even when 20 years experience in this hobby. My line magnetic 518 has taps for four, eight, and 16 ohms. Would that make a difference with those triangles?
Saburo that's a great few lines that you wrote there. I'm sure people can argue the finer points of your observation but nicely done. 39 posts and we get more value in what you write than some who post 20,000 completely idiotic pointless statements. Over the years this site has really been dumbed down but there's hope in sensible comments that talk about tradeoffs. Have yo heard the Devore Orangutans by chance? I'm trying to get a read on CWIV by comparing the o series which I know well. 
" @mahlman who in Huntsville is a dealer and has the CW IV on display? I thought all high end dealers were gone in Alabama. Mid-high end stores in Bham are long gone. I think Best Buy tried to put a Magnolia in their Hoover store and it's closed now I believe. They never had the good stuff anyway.   "
  I will have to call my Huntsville speaker buddy and find out. I have never been there but he and his friend were and both were irritated by their experience.