Snake oil??

Well, on March 8th, at the age of 64, I suffered a mild stroke. I have felt that things were returning to normal for the last few weeks. Now I’m not so sure. I just reviewed an email that came to me from Agon about a mysterious substance involving something called 3-Dimensional Enhancer, the NPS 1260. It claims to cure literally all my audio problems for the low price of $599. Is this some leftover April Fools thing or am I having some sort of stroke relapse?   I’m hoping that MC has some form to sage advice for this conundrum. 
sawdustguy
"What you have done, what you are hearing, times one hundred. Yeah. And people wonder why I rave about my system."

They do indeed.

They might also marvel at your commitment, endeavour and striving for the title of the "audiophile’s audiophile".

As for the clever pulling out of the hat idea of micro-arcing, nice try, but doesn’t this seems to contradict the rather badly written, yet impressvely lengthy blurb the advertisers (?) themselves have put out?

"What different about NPS-1260 is that this solution does not focus on electron transfer in a traditional approach. Not at least as it does in a "traditional contact enhancer"Instead, it focuses on magnetic or more precisely “electro-magnetic field” transfer.It is uniquely set apart in this concept, design and application."

"The is an understanding that is has more to do with the power of electro-magnetism and the subsequently produced magnetic fields associated with electrons and less to do with the actual electron (forward) movement thought to be responsible for electricity in traditional theory."

"The reason for this is that if connections are one of, if not the largest problem that will cause’s distortion. NPS-1260 is simply a method to prove and show this."

Just for the record, for anyone still interested, or even awake, I’ve got some crystal clear fluid that I can provide myself at a negligibly small cost.

You can get a whopping 30ml of S.O Magic 11- 345 at the giveaway sale price of, wait for it, $599.00.

If you were to carefully use it in conjunction with some Caig Deoxit and Autosol metal cleaner you may notice a tremendously dramatic, earth shattering, 100s of times magnification improvement in soundstaging, dynamics, timing and timbre.

Or you may not.

glupson ... 

I've seen the newest TVs. They have some really annoying digital artifacts that I couldn't live with. Yes, they are impressive at first, but they are like an audio system that has incredible transparency but lacks emotional musical impact. They are cartoonish. All but the very latest TVs are like that. The rear-projection TVs, although now obsolete, are more film-like in their presentations, kind of like the plasma TVs were. Think analog vs digital, or tube vs solid state.

millercarbon ...

When I was a little kid, my mother took me to see OZ. That was back in the very early 1940s. I will never forget that scene you described and how awed I was at the transition from black & white to Technicolor. Technicolor was new at the time, so it was quite something. Another one I was equally impressed with as a child was the original film of Snow White. The Fred Astair musicals were great in Technicolor too. The next one I'm getting is Fantasia. That should be a good one. 

While Technicolor isn't accurate from a reality standpoint, it sure is fun to watch. Reality becomes quite evident when one walks outside and looks at natural surroundings. Those natural surroundings don't look like Digital TVs either. 

Frank
Video improvement with ECT is very much like what you describe between digital and film. Video with ECT looks a lot more like film.  

The best film is 70mm. The video equivalent of a direct to disc 45. I've seen Lawrence, My Fair Lady, Hamlet, and The Hateful Eight, all in glorious 70mm. Tarantino outdid himself filming The Hateful Eight in Ultra Panavision 70. 

None of these is anything like reality. Which is the whole point. Reality is vastly overrated, at least when it comes to art. We are after all immersed in reality 24/7/365. (Well, some of us, anyway;)