Klipsch Cornwall IV

Hello all,

I'm interested in what people who have heard the speaker feel about it. I currently run spatial M3 turbos and have an all tube analog setup ( line magnetic, hagerman ) with an oppo 105 being the digital front end.

Previous speakers have been acoustic zen, reference 3A, Maggie 3.6, and triangles. I am more concerned with a huge immersive sound stage than I am with pinpoint imagery. I have a big room and have plenty of space between the back wall and my speakers if I need it.

Any thoughts?
128x128simao
Why not buy Spatial audio x3 orX5 that is their latest
much more refined models with built in powered Bass.
I have owned both the X3 and the Cornwall IV(current). They are very different speakers (both excellent) but I wouldn’t dismiss the Cornwalls as inferior. Can't go wrong with either purchase. 
I owned both as well. Both are great speakers, but the Cornwalls suit my listening taste more.

Oz

Agree with RIAA in that CWs are overpriced. Crites offers an equivalent which looses on aesthetics but, rivals in SQ and obvious $savings. Are you after furniture and name recognition? If so, spend 4 k more and go with klipsch.

Spatial on a lower tier IMO , including higher impedance and sensitivity.
Agree with RIAA in that CWs are overpriced. Crites offers an equivalent which looses on aesthetics but, rivals in SQ and obvious $savings. Are you after furniture and name recognition? If so, spend 4 k more and go with klipsch
Absolutely wrong.

I’m not saying that the right Cornscala (think Justin Weber) built the right way won’t outperform the CW IV. But Crites Cornscala will not come close. I owned a pair a few years ago and even after damping the midhorn and replacing Bob’s xovers with ALK, they wouldn’t touch the Cornwall IV today. The downfall of that design is the removable rear panel which causes a serious mid bass resonance on some material.

And for the life of me I don’t see where RIAA said they were over priced.