Reccomend a good preamp for me.

I have nixed the preamp for a while now with using only a DCS Rossini DAC going direct.  I have that in the back of my room and a 10M pair of balanced cables that run to my various amps I use.  I have been getting back into vinyl again and even a cassette player so I am in need of a preamp that will have at least one balanced input and 2 more RCA inputs.  I have been trying different amps and speakers lately also and think I will land on some kind of lower powered tubes and higher efficiency speakers.  I used to have a few nice preamps years ago and I always remember thinking the preamp was a big piece of the puzzle the heart maybe of the system.  PS Audio BHK looks good maybe or a Pass Preamp?  I'm out of the loop on preamps. 
128x128ejlif
I just ordered a BAT VK-33 (not the SE) to replace my BAT VK-3i, and am awaiting delivery. I hope it sounds as good as @dweller's.
I have 2 preamps that are rather opposites. The CODA 07x  ($6K) and the Benchmark HPA4 or LA4. The Benchmark has no sound and it will pass the sound of the source with what seems to be no alteration of the signal.

I would take the 30 day home trial of the $2500 LA4 preamp and hook up your DAC to XLR 1 input (optimized for DACs). You will get an amazing volume control on this preamp. There are a few posters that have $100k systems that have added the LA4 instead of a fancier preamp or DAC direct.

I do not have the 07x delivered yet but I expect it to alter the sound. I had the CODA CSiB integrated for a while so I know the sound I am expecting. I want the sound to be warmed up for a specific use case.

I think the Benchmark preamp is one of the very best at ANY price.
The answer for me having Atma-Sphere amps is an Atma MP1 preamp. Think it is one of the best at any cost. Fully equipped, it is close to $30K but it’s built in phono section is superb and eliminates the need for an outboard phono preamp and extra cable.
I will second an Atmasphere MP-1 for tubes and an Ayre KX-R for SS.
I own both and they are very good.
The Atma is pretty much stock and the KX-R is non-Twenty. If I have funds to play with, I am getting the Ayre upgraded, and the Atma fitted with Caddox resistors.
Both companies are run by the nicest, and talented people you could ever meet.
Bob
Mark Levinson 380S or 326S, JK Acoustics Passive 10 or...no preamp at all if you like it loud w/o volume control (source directly to power amp)