Class D for a Tube Lover

First, I'm sure this has been asked many times but searching the subject wasn't too helpful to me.

So apologies in advance.

I enjoy tubed electronics and class A amps, which tend to be a bit warm.  My current Cary 805s warm my small (12x16) music room even in the cool/cold of winter.  I've got other amps that don't produce much heat, but am looking for something that produces no heat.  Living in a home with no central AC the room gets uncomfortably hot during the summer months.

So...I'd like to try some Class D amps.  Stereo or mono is just fine.  And my speakers aren't difficult to drive so I don't need a thousand watts.  But if that thousand watt amp sounds great, I'm not adverse to that, either.

I'd like to keep the price under 2k used.  

Please help.

Thanks.

128x128audiodwebe
I would also concur with SPEC amps.  As Bjeisen said they are not cheap.  Also they like a higher impedance load.  I would not describe them as tubey but they do sound richly toned with higher impedance speakers like Zu Omen and DeVore O93.
IME class d does not like difficult loads. If you have semi efficient speakers with a fairly benign impedance curve will sound good especially with a tube preamp. 
I had the Lyngdorf integrated and it was an amazing product....... for certain speakers. Ran out of gas on some Dynaudio C20s I had and just sounded soso on some Focals. On some Tektons it was a match made in heaven. I think the amplification section was nothing special but the room correction was fantastic. 

I’m currently looking for a preamp with room correction to pair with my Parasound A21. 
Why not try the VTV 1ET400A Amplifier with VTV Vacuum Tube Buffer. Granted it’s between $2,229.00 – $2,279.00 new, but you do tend to get what you pay for...
I have always admired the Cary 805. I would put the money into NOS or quality new stock tubes. The sound of the 805 is definitely warmish and musical. In many ways it is the opposite of a Class D amp. If you like the 805 sound, don’t loose it. Especially changing to a Class D for $2K or less. You are almost guaranteed to go down in SQ.
I decided to sell my KRELL K-300i integrated today so that freed up the long speaker cables I need to test out my new Class D stereo amp.

https://www.d-sonic.com/product/m3a-800s-stereo-amplifier/

It is now connected to my difficult to drive Thiel CS3.7 floor stander. I first tried my new Gustard X26 Pro (an incredible DAC) into my Benchmark HPA4 preamp and then to the D-Sonic amp. It was more powerful, detailed and a touch warmer than my regular Benchmark AHB2 monos (my reference). However, there was a little edge to the sound that I noticed that is not there in the all Benchmark stack.

I then removed the preamp and went direct to the D-Sonic amp. That edge or hardness was reduced, almost eliminated. I always prefer the volume control on the HPA4 preamp but the Gustard DAC was not bad as a preamp. The D-Sonic benefited with HPA4 removed removed. The Benchmark and D-Sonic do not seem to mix well.

So I now have a $1500 amp with a $1500 DAC and the sound is almost as good as the $9000 of Benchmark gear + $1500 for Gustard  I had before. I think the D-Sonic amp is better served on the Thiel’s than the AHB2 which are not officially rated for 2 Ohm speakers in mono.

I have a SET based preamp coming next week (I hope) that should be great with the D-Sonic. Anyways, this amp has given me confidence to move my great Benchmark stack to my living room system with a speaker that maybe is a better match for the AHB2 specs.

As I mentioned in a prior post the D-Sonic was bought to be used with RAAL SR1a headphones which needs a warm amp to tame that beast. It did do that and now I tested it on the floor stander which was also a winner.