Maggie LRS so ridiculously good

I ordered a set of the LRS just to be able to say I have lived with Maggies at least once.  I've had a lot of speakers and some big dog expensive ones like Kef Blade and Revel Salon 2 to name a couple.  These 650 dollar LRS bring as much enjoyment as anything I've ever heard in so many ways.  They don't love hard driving music for sure but for quiet listening or mellow type music they will give you transcendent moments.  I swear they are breaking in or something and becoming a little more dynamic than when brand new.  These have to be one of the greatest hifi bargains of all time.  My 30 watt Pass 30.8 drives them well.  I had 3.6 maggies many years ago and I snubbed them, thought they were so compressed sounding but maybe I was wrong or not using the right amp.  These are just wow and so impressive what you can get for the money.  I have a feeling a killer amp is a big part of the equation with these but even with a Naim Uniti Atom in a smaller space these are still awesome.  This has to be the ultimate apartment speaker for someone who can't turn it up very loud and likes to listen late and night, you can really enjoy these at very low levels.  Anyway I just wanted to put my enthusiasm on public record, if you are thinking of pulling the trigger do it and also give them some time don't write them off to quickly.  I wish I had a separate space so I could always have a set of maggies ready to listen to when the mood and music was just right.  
128x128ejlif
They are not the most accurate loudspeakers but the do beat out most dynamic enclosure speakers. The LRS is a good sounding speaker. It is a bit limited in range and volume. The 3.7i will go louder and if it is jazz, country and classical you listen to they are probably enough. They get a little louder with subwoofers and their distortion lowers but not as much as a full range ESL where the addition of subwoofer produces extraordinary results. I like the concept of Emerald Physics speaker. Limiting dispersion is a very important concept as if done right it will decrease room interaction but if you limit it too much you get a very selfish system like the Acoustat 2+2's I once owned or the Sanders Model 10. But, that one listener gets an incredible experience. 
If Magnepan had made the 20.7 7 feet 10 inches tall they would have had the best speaker they have ever made. That was the intension but the marketing department cut it short. Very sad about that.
Per Magnepan’s website and many user recommendations, the LRS (Maggies in general) require high current amplification. Using more power is the key to driving them, so in other words Maggies are not efficient speakers. Also precise L/R/wall distance positioning using a tape ruler is a must to obtain the best of near-field low-level vs. sweet spot higher-level listening experiences. Experimenting with stand upgrades such as MyeStand or Magna Risers is another tweet you can try, though stands also depend on your room’s floor material. I have tried all of the above for classical, jazz, electronic genres with success. 
(Sorry for typo: “tweak” not “tweet”)

Experimenting with stand upgrades such as MyeStand or Magna Risers is another tweet

As far as other current speakers I have.  My main use speakers for a little while now has been Klipsch forte III with Decware Zen triode amp.  I also have the Zu Dirty weekend (another incredible speaker for the money) I just sold My Kef Blade 2.  The Blade 2 while having much bigger bass and being more refined in many ways just left me cold mostly which seems crazy given the huge price difference.  These maggies though wow I think they must have improved with break in because they seemed so anemic and no good with anything remotely dynamic and loud.  If slamming sound is your thing maybe the Dirty Weekend or a Klipsch.  The LRS is so transparent and smooth perfect tone.  I have these hooked up to a Pass 30.8 amp being fed by DCS Rossini DAC and clock so electronics are way off probably what you would normally pair with a 650 speaker but that is what I have for now.  I did try with Naim Uniti Nova and Atom and those work pretty good too.  The 80 watt Nova runs out of steam way before the 30 watt Pass amp.  

The LRS are so light and easy to move, if you had a system with a good amp you could keep them in a closet and pull them out on an occasion.  I'm doing that now and I have no desire to put them away anytime soon. I know they aren't my end all be all speaker but just had to share my enthusiasm. Amazing you can buy this factory direct (same goes for Zu dirty weekend) made in the USA for such a low price.  Decware too. These USA companies are killing it and we don't have to pay prices that would be much much higher if sold through the normal dealer supply chains.  
This thread is tempting me to try my first new speaker in 28 years.  With the Magnepan 60-day trial offer, what's the risk?
Do you think my 175 wpc Classe would drive the LRS well enough?  My room is only 11' wide by 14' deep, but the rear wall is mostly open with another room beyond.