Maggie LRS so ridiculously good

I ordered a set of the LRS just to be able to say I have lived with Maggies at least once.  I've had a lot of speakers and some big dog expensive ones like Kef Blade and Revel Salon 2 to name a couple.  These 650 dollar LRS bring as much enjoyment as anything I've ever heard in so many ways.  They don't love hard driving music for sure but for quiet listening or mellow type music they will give you transcendent moments.  I swear they are breaking in or something and becoming a little more dynamic than when brand new.  These have to be one of the greatest hifi bargains of all time.  My 30 watt Pass 30.8 drives them well.  I had 3.6 maggies many years ago and I snubbed them, thought they were so compressed sounding but maybe I was wrong or not using the right amp.  These are just wow and so impressive what you can get for the money.  I have a feeling a killer amp is a big part of the equation with these but even with a Naim Uniti Atom in a smaller space these are still awesome.  This has to be the ultimate apartment speaker for someone who can't turn it up very loud and likes to listen late and night, you can really enjoy these at very low levels.  Anyway I just wanted to put my enthusiasm on public record, if you are thinking of pulling the trigger do it and also give them some time don't write them off to quickly.  I wish I had a separate space so I could always have a set of maggies ready to listen to when the mood and music was just right.  
128x128ejlif
I could have chosen Quad ESL's when I bought my Dahlquist DQ-10s in '76.  Not sure the Quads would have lasted 45 years, but I'll never forget their transparency and holography.  With an appropriate sub, they must be amazing.
@ejlif I share you love for the LRS. They are a technological marvel! Great post. 
I heard the Maggie LRS at the last live Axpona and in a hotel listening room they were very impressive. I own a pair of 1.7i Maggies. They do need and benefit greatly from a lot of power and some tweaks. I have a pair of Bryston 28B3 monoblocks, replaced the stock stands with a set of MyeStands and replaced the stock fuse and plate steel jumper with the Mike Powell silver upgrade. All of that made various obvious improvements and power is no issue. But what really transformed and revolutionized the sound quality from this Maggie 1.7i setup is the addition of a pair of REL T/9i subs using high level inputs. Wow. Like me I was in denial about the bass quality of the Maggies. But they don’t have the sub bass frequency response, and slam because they don’t move air. Well when you add the RELs it’s a whole new ballgame. I would imagine that if you got one or two smaller RELs like the T/5i or T/7i to go with the LRS you will be quite happy!  
I had the LRS and could not get them to
work in my room. Near field speakers they are not.
I agree one of the best bang for your buck speakers out there.  I was lucky enough to pick up an almost new pair several months ago.  Everything they say is true - good power/current and get them out into the room.  Right now using a Hegel H360 integrated.  I had them about 3.5 ft from the back wall and they sounded great.  Just today rearranged things a bit and have them 6 ft out and sitting a little closer.  Simply amazing.  Took them to another level altogether.