Linn Unidisk Advice

Hi,

I am currently looking to get more info on the Linn Product line and wanted to know what people thought of Linn's Unidisk?

If you had to purchase a cd player is there much difference between an SC,Unidisk 1.1 and 1.2?

Which do you feel is the best buy for value? I listen and watch movies 50/50.

I need to audition them but was thinking if I like them is it worth trying a second hand 1.1 or getting a new 1.2 or SC?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
redspectral
for all the information you need go here and do a search for unidisk.
http://lists.topica.com/lists/linn/read
there is a difference between them all. a used 1.1 is better than a new 1.2 just make sure it is updated to current spec.
Sonically theres a relatively large difference between the 1.1 and 2.1.

My suggestion is to first find a Linn dearler that will support you even if you buy a 2nd hand 1.1... then make sure its fully upgraded to the latest hardware/firmware (fixes a number of bugs in disc recognition and DVI video that have been with the unit since its launch in '03!)

If you can't locate such a dealer, then just get a new 2.1 instead... assuming cost is an issue, otherwise just get a new 1.1.

Good luck.
Thanks for the advice Deven8 and Anupmc!

Deven8...I saw your system posted on Audiogon and thought it looked fantastic. I just purchased a brand new pair of 802D's and am looking to upgrade my cd as well as amp and pre amp. I really like the Linn line but have yet to test it out. I really like the compact nature of it and hope the sound is a good match with my 802D's.

As for the cd players my budget was more in the Unidisk SC and 1.2 range but something tells me I should save a little longer and get the 1.1 if I like it.

Anupmc...My dealer does carry Linn so I will scheduling a demo soon.