Who else is using old cables/interconnects, and is happy?

Although I have changed my system substantially in recent years, I still retain both speaker cables and interconnects that I have owned for ~15 years. I use Audience Au24E speaker cables and RCA interconnects, and a Virtual Dynamic David XLR between my DAC and integrated amp.

The system sounds very good, and I am not inclined to make any changes to the cables. Having said that, though, if anyone has used similar cables and found big steps forward without breaking the bank, I'd be interested to read about your experiences.

More broadly, I would enjoy hearing about cables that other members have stuck with for years.
whipsaw
Hi All,

Not sure if this exactly fits with this thread but here goes. I had been experimenting a little bit with less expensive, old interconnects as I know nothing about wire and do not want to spend a lot of money on a mistake.

I am running Thiel CS5i's and had been contacted by someone from the Thiel thread who commented they had good luck with Synergistic Research interconnects.

Maybe a year ago, I bought a pair of SR Alpha interconnects (circa early 2000's?) and installed them between my DAC and preamp. I thought they made an inprovement but not that much. 

Cutting to the chase, I bought another pair of SR Alpha interconnects and added this pair between my preamp and amp. This time around I paid attention to the arrows as these interconnects point the way the signal should go.

Oh my! Now I can hear an improvement for sure. Like a veil was lifted. More clarity, better depth of field, and better accenuated bass.

Just kinda of amazing for a $150 investment. Of course, now I am thinking about trying something better from the Synergistic line...

Thanks for listening, Dsper. 

All my cables and interconnects are 25 yrs old. M.I.T speaker wires. Straight wire and XLO interconnects. Still as wonderful sounding as ever. 
My interconnects are over 25 years old. I’m going to make my own in the coming days. Custom lengths and very high quality parts. Stay tuned.
I've got some old RCAs that say JAPAN on them. I think it was made by Technics. 

I'm very happy with a set of Audioquest Lapis Hyperlitz 1M cables (RCA) that must be 20+ years old (and I bought them used).  I'll probably keep them forever; since the printing has completely faded off the cabling, only I know what they are. Plus, to my admittedly aging ears, they still sound nice.