2 Ohm Tekton Pendragons

I was just looking at the new models at Tekton. They have a very interesting new version of the Pendragon with the 5-driver array from the Dynamo Monitor. Looks good. But it's $2200/pr loudspeaker. Is there a similarly priced audiophile quality amplifier that can consistently drive a 2 ohm load. And that's an average rating which means that it must dip below 2 ohms at some frequencies. 

Does this puzzle anyone other than me?

Glen 
128x128spacecadet65
There are good sounding amplifiers that will drive two ohm loads but they are very few and far between you have a lot to worry about because the speaker will require four times the amount of current from the amp as an 8 ohm load would and if the amp is not capable it will sound thin and bright which you do not want. The problem is that all of the newly manufactured speakers over the last few years are dropping their impedance because of cost of manufacture of the drivers because it takes way more wire and a stronger coil and cone to make a high impedance speaker as well as a better basket, spider, magnet and every other part. It all boils down to cost and sticking it to the customer. Try and find an 8 ohm or higher speaker and give it a listen you will not be disappointed.
First of all, kudos for Tekton, for calling them out what they are, 2 ohms! Finally, a company who is honest about ratings. (Instead of the "4R with dips below 2R" pure BS advertising - it's either 4R or 2R... impedance is defined by the lowest dip, not a random convenient number.)
That being said, here's what not being said:When speaker impedance is halved, the speaker cable has to carry TWICE the current for equal output. That is, you are effectively cutting the speaker cable down by 3 gauges with every halving of impedance. Thus, a 2R speaker needs x8 the current as a 16R speaker does. Hence, you need x8 THICKER speaker cable to get equivalent results! So, if you have AWG10 speaker cable fro your 16R speakers, then you need a total of AWG1 speaker cable to get equivalent bass performance as said 16R speakers.With my 16R speakers I can tell a massive difference between AWG12 and AWG10 speaker cables. (Hey, I'm bi-cabling with two AWG10 runs!!!)
So, not only does the speaker become impossible to drive as impedance drops, but your cable also degrades exponentially.
To have GREAT bass from 2R speakers, you will need 8 runs of AWG10 speaker cables to feed it...  or, if you want to simulate my setup in a 2R scenario, then it's 16 pairs of cables! (Total AWG00!!!!)
That will cost way more than the speakers do. Plus, you need that heavy internal wiring as well. NOT possible to hook up that much to the drivers tiny connectors....

Common example: you have an AWG12 speaker cable, which functions as AWG12 for a 16R speaker. You connect it to a 2R speaker, it will function as an AWG21 cable would for a 16R speaker!!! A mere fraction of a lamp cord. Makes for terrible bass control.  
Thus, a 2R speaker needs x8 the current as a 16R speaker does.

For the same output power it needs only x2.83 current.  Same goes for wire thickness calculations.
Lot of people for sale these right now on these sites. What the matter they no good? Seem cheap to look at maybe that’s problem.
Also, wire has very little to with do bass control (damping). For back EMF resistance of the speaker is already in series. Because of that 2 ohm speaker may have same damping as 8 ohm.