Audiolab 6000cdt or Simaudio Moon 260DT (transport only)

Hey guys,
I am wondering which transport to use to feed my MHDT Labs Orchid DAC?  The Audiolab is $549 and the Moon is $2000.  I'm OK spending more if it's worth the money.  How different can transports really sound?  Is the price difference more due to higher quality materials and better warranty? If you A/B'd them, would you really hear much of a difference in sound?  I know sometimes equipments sound a bit different but not necessarily better.  I have a pretty high end system so I don't want to scrimp on my main input source and yet I don't want to waste money that I could be buying more music with.  Thanks for your opinions and help!
Ag insider logo xs@2xgrover30
I'm using an Emotiva ERC-4, solid build with my MHDT Stockholm v2. no issues
I can’t comment on the Simaudio 260DT vs the Audiolab, but I can against the similarly priced Cambridge Audio CXC . I initially had the CXC in my main system sourcing my Mojo EVO DAC and was generally pleased.However, Ben of Mojo Audio strongly suggested that I try a higher quality transport if I wanted the EVO to deliver what it can so I decided to try the 260DT. I have found with the Simaudio that the music is presented with more weight, detail, definition and pace. For me it was worth the price difference in musicality, and it is certainly of better construction.

BTW, you might want to try messaging Audiogon member teajay, he reviewed the Orchard and may be able to give you some thoughts specific to transports driving the Orchard. I don’t recall if some of the specific Orchid DAC FORUM threads included comments about transports members were using with it.

Good luck with whichever choice you make
Post removed