Two defective pieces in a row - unreasonable to demand refund?

Ordered a McIntosh MA8900 from my dealer in December. First one had cosmetic damage out of the box so they swapped it out for a new one. The new one won't power on (just get the standby light). McIntosh said they would replace it again but I'm frankly done, just want my money back at this point. The dealer has a no refunds policy. Should I accept a 3rd new unit or insist on a refund?
lostark
Aggravating, worrisome, but, I agree, let them get you a NEW (not fixed) unit, even if you have to wait.

Go in writing, if the 3rd unit has any problem, you want a full refund, not store credit.

I would send a copy of that, and the prior problems to McIntosh also, so it is on record.

My SS McIntosh, mc2250, made in 1986, is still ’perfect’ after 35 years, I sent it to McIntosh for factory once over, they replaced one led lamp, that’s it.

Usually their stuff is like boat anchors, the biggest problem I had was a torn meniscus from lifting it (80 lbs) from a bottom shelf in a cramped space.

my mx110z, made around 1967, 55 years old, plug and play, sounds fabulous. I cleaned all controls with contact cleaner, noise free, IOW, these things are normally very long lived.

When you think about it, they ought to give you a reduction in price for your trouble. Like a car dealership, the Manufacturer is the one who pays for warranty work, the dealer makes money on warranty work. The dealer could request a price reduction on your behalf. If me, I would get it ordered first, then before it arrives, ask them to ask McIntosh for a cost reduction.

Best of luck, hope it sounds great, and your memory fades quickly.
@yogiboy

I bought speakers to match this unit (many hours of auditioning), so after my initial frustration subsided (I wrote my post just minutes after finding my 2nd unit was DOA in order to get unbiased advice) I decided it's less of a pain to just wait for a 3rd unit than start start from square one trying to find a good pairing. I do really love the way the speakers sounded when paired with this unit and that's the whole point it no? 

@audioman58

Sorry, maybe I was unclear, the units were shipped to my dealer from Binghamton and I picked them up from the dealer.

@hobo1452

I beg your pardon?
It’s unfortunate that you received 2 bad units, but it happens. All my McIntosh units were purchased second hand from Audio Classics and after 50+ years of being on the audio merry go round, I am done.  It sounds like the first unit after it was QC was improperly packed and the person who packs the unit probably missed the bottom spacer the screw goes through to bolt the amp to the plywood base.  It can happen. 

The second unit most likely has a ribbon cable from the front panel loose and needs re-seating.  It happened on my C2500 preamp. I was going to ship it back until AC told me what to look for.  It took me less than 5 minutes to remove the 6 top screws and reseat the cable.  Saved me a trip back to Vestal, NY.  

You were wise in getting a third unit.   Doubtful the dealer will give you the DAC2 module as it is around $1500.00 or more.  That would take all his profit away from the sale of the amp.  It really isn’t their fault for the poorly packaged unit and non working unit.  When you get the new amp, have the dealer unbox in front of you and have them hook it up to be sure it is ok.  Once you know it is good, you will have a amp that will last a few lifetimes. 

To the person who recommended you return the Mac and buy from Klaus at Odyssey, I need to chuckle. I owned Odyssey prior to Mac and there is absolutely no comparison.  As good as the Odyssey equipment is, the Mac is light years better.  Once you are up and running, let us know how it worked out.  3rd time should be the charm. 
@lostark

Shipping will always have an impact no matter how it is boxes up.  When I was looking at a company to make our shipping boxes (same people who make the Peloton bike foam) he told me something very interesting - a box is made to ship from point a to point b and not to be used to return an item. The shock of dropping a box can cause damage that you cannot see.  I shipped an item where the transformer actually came loose and did quite a lot of damage inside the unit.  I  reshipped a CEC CDP - the box arrived in perfect condition but the actual spindle inside the unit was dislodged and was jammed under the transport area.  The remote had a dent by one of the tracking buttons with no other marks.  Go Figure.
You stated in your original post the store has a no refund policy.

I don't understand your question.

Am I missing something?