For all you Vinyl lovers!

128x128yogiboy
I think the best thing about vinyl, and the reason so many non-audiophiles love it, is the artifact itself. Nothing wrong with that - I'm currently upgrading my vinyl system right now. But I care a lot more about the music than about whether it's analog or digital. Same with metrics and measurements. 
I’ve said that often. If you weren’t around in the heyday of 8 tracks being chewed up in your car deck you’ve got a ways to go in this hobby. 
Vinyl still rules. I’ve had a love affair with vinyl for 50 years. I used to enjoy flipping the records for dad on his garrard turntable. 
Nowadays people are in a hurry with no place to go. Slow down. Clean a record. It will make you feel better!
I'm with you on this, Coltran1.  My dad was an audiophile from the late '40's on, and I grew up with a state of the art (mono) system in the living room that probably sounded as good as the youtube system. 

I've used the pandemic downtime to revisit my entire 1200+ LP collection, many of which I used to share with my father.  Nothing better, and vinyl remains my first love.
@larsman

For me, the best thing about vinyl isn't "the artifact."  It's the natural, relaxed, realistic sound.  As I tell my non-audiophile friends, one must spend significantly more on an analog front end in order to surpass digital reproduction, but once you're there, vinyl is the best in terms of musicality.