New Anthem AVM 70 and MRX 740 difference in processing

I've had my eye on the new Anthem line-up recently. But I'm torn between the AVM70 processor only vs the MRX740 receiver.  

The receiver offers pre outs for all the channels I'd need.  So I wouldn't really use the amps in the receiver. 

BUT, MRX 's resell is going to be much better because it's all-in-one - fewer demand for the AVM, and the AVM is $1000 more.

So, are the internals of the AVM really all that much better? And how much difference would you really notice on multichannel movie playback?

Thoughts on this?
dtximages
I, in fact, have spoken to Anthem. The answer is that there are better internals and dacs.
Well that’s a very lame response from a manufacturer if they didn’t go into any more detail than that.  I took a look at past Anthem threads and @cbrents73 who works for them has provided more detailed info for other members so maybe he’ll chime in here.  If not maybe you can PM him here and get some answers that way.  It’s pretty sad that even the mass market brands do a better job disclosing their technologies than Anthem, who you’d think would want their potential customers to know why they’re paying up for their stuff.  

I owned both 720 and 60.  Had 720 for 6 months, then the 60.  I kept the 60.  Just worked better for me.  Also I have balanced amps.  I believe there is a difference.  Good luck. 👍
I rarely post but feel I have some useful personal experience.

Definitely separates.  Everything matters.

Receivers are great but that added power and control you get with a separate amp makes a difference, regardless of what you are listening to.  I'm lucky I have a great system which I've built up over the years.  Wilson speakers, McIntosh front end.  When I upgraded my Marantz pre-pro to the Mac, it wasn't subtle how much better everything sounded.  There is a ceiling on how good you can get it, just depends on the funds.

You can find used 5 channel amps all over the place, then invest in a good prepro.  This gives you more flexibility with upgrading in the future. 

If you have really high end stuff, it's worth pulling the trigger on the better Anthem.  I know it starts to hurt!!!!
Dtx I am not into the whole audiophile magic.  All I can tell you is as you step up it definitely gets better.  I have listened to low grade systems and all in one setups.  I am lucky I have nice speakers and I'm running 7.2.4 setup.  I had the 720 and I personally feel the 60 outperforms it.  I also use 3 very nice amps. Separates are better and if you can swing it, it's worth the extra $$$.  I will eventually be checking out the avm90 just because.   I like anthem and it seems to work very well.  Price is good.  I do look at other processor reviews and anthem seems to be less buggy than the rest. Actually mine has been excellent after I sent it in for an update it has been completely bug free for 8 months and I use it everyday day.  Getting the best sound came when my buddy came over and we ran his rew and then ran arc genesis.  Now it's just fantastic.   Arc alone was not great.  But combo with rew, completely new level.