Post removed 
My hat gets tipped towards the vinyl camp.

That said, if a 20-30 something starting out asked me which way to go? As much as it would hurt, I’d have to say "go streaming young man", ..... "if your going to stick to that format for life". (The chasing of format game is why - in part, I’m a vinyl guy).

We are Hi-Fi snobs. Meaning we aspire to the best gear we can get our hands on. We are a Coterie. If a kid starting out wants to buy a set-up that I use, and buys new, lets see.

Oracle Delphi tables start at MkVI $11,690.99 - $17,099.95
Need a tonearm, Clearaudio Universal 12" Tonearm $5,999.99.Cartridge: SoundsmithAida MKII ES $1,999.95.

So, 12g’s+6g’s+2gs=$20,000. Then there’s the taxes.
$20G’s, to spin a few records? Are you out of your mind? (I built my Oracle up over 40 years, so it wasn’t 1 big hit).

May as well stream as to get into analog.
"Vinyl forces you to listen"
Why people pay $$$ to go to concerts to listen to music while they can stream?
Some may enjoy more of the live environment, but vast majority would go to concerts to LISTEN!

@emrofsemanon

a physicist and record producer/engineer of note named tom dowd, a guy way smarter than me, didn't have many good things to say about phonographic recording and playback.

Anyway, Tom Dowd recorded some top artists on Atlantic Records. He passed away in 2002.