Most rooms don’t need acoustical treatment.

Why?  Because acoustical treatments presented are in virtually empty rooms. Unrealistic.

my rooms have furniture and clutter.  These rooms don’t really have a need for treatment.  It’s snake oil, voodoo science.  
So why is accoustical panels gonna help?  No one can answer this, most have no clue.
jumia
DSP is just a tool, which most professionals use as part of their toolkit.  Room design, acoustic treatments, speaker location, and DSP together is the best solution for most.  Sometimes you can't treat the room, sometimes you can't place the speakers where you want to.
DSP is just a tool, which most professionals use as part of their toolkit. Room design, acoustic treatments, speaker location, and DSP together is the best solution for most. Sometimes you can’t treat the room, sometimes you can’t place the speakers where you want to.
I agree with you...

My mechanical equalizer so powerful it is cannot be used in a living room and setting it by ears is not for everyone... Not much more that setting a piano strings is for everyone...

But i learned much in the process about speakers/ room /ears relations...

Audiophile experience is here not in electronic design upgrade...

Acoustic is key but you know yourself already that...But most did not....

Thanks for your numerous interesting threads....

Electronics and speakers are at most 50% or less and the other 50% or more is easily the room. But, we seem to have ’know it alls’ like the OP who seem to think the room doesn’t matter. It is kinda funny when guys spend thousands of dollars on power cables and such, but refuse to spend a dime on the room. For instance, if the upholstery on your big couch is leather or something else will have a much bigger impact on the sound than if your power cable cost 40 bucks or 4000 bucks (facepalm!).
Power cords in a stable supply of power seem like snake oil.  Other things are better pursued.