Raven Audio Nighthawk

So the scuttlbutt on the Raven integrated amps is pretty good. But just how good are they? Are they good when compared to other comparably priced tube integrateds? Or are they better than some heavy hitters?

I currently have a NOSvalves ST-45 amp paired with a Don Sachs Model 2 (latest version) preamp and I am extremely happy with this pairing. With that said, I guess there is nothing really that I'm looking to improve. But since we all know how this game goes, I just wonder how much better (or not) the Blackhawk III would be. Consolidating two pieces down to one chasis is an attractive idea too.

I would love to hear from you if you own a Nighthawk or Blackhawk or have auditioned one against something else. I know they offer a 45 day trial period, but from my calculations if I don't like it it will cost me close to 400.00 out of pocket once the dust settles. So I'd like to go into this with a warm fuzzy that it's pretty darn good.

Oz

128x128ozzy62
OP, the YouTube reviewer/engineer Tarun said something early in his series which has stuck with me -- if one is not prepared to spend quite a lot more on a component or speaker upgrade -- 2x or 3x --  it's likely there won't be much of a difference (if there is not a radical change of style of component).

Perhaps that helps with your decision about swapping out your present stuff for the Raven.
feliks, try posting your problem on a thread that won't be deleted in a day or two and you will get help and answers.
feliks, try posting your problem on a thread that won't be deleted in a day or two and you will get help and answers.

What exactly does that mean?
Post removed 
Post removed