Looking for a DAC under 2k

I'm using a Small Green Computer Optical Rendu to bring usb to a DAC.
Looking for a new DAC around 2k new or used.

Recently, I had a Border Patrol Se-i which sounded beautiful with a great soundstage and a relaxed sound. Unfortunately, dynamics and bass definition were weak.

Next up, I tried the ifi Pro iDSD. Detailed and clean, but lots and lots of settings to play with. Became noisy after a couple hours and eventually stopped putting out sound and went silent. Can't deal with that kind of poor quality, but really would have prefer a little warmer sound.

I borrowed my Chord Qutest from my headphone system. Very good with my tube headphone system, and not bad on the speaker system, but would like something a bit more analog sounding, like a Border Patrol with dynamic punch and clearly defined, not muddy bass.

TIA, for suggestions.

traudio
One more thing before this goes off the rails.....I am only speaking of companies and how they are ran (anywhere).
I have nothing against any people or country. 
@traudio 

I understand what you are saying, and didn't mean to imply that you were being a racist. I simply thought that what you suggested in your first couple of posts seemed over-the-top, and too sweeping.

In many cases, all other things being roughly equal, I would likely purchase, say, a German manufactured product over a Chinese equivalent, and in a broad sense, it would arguably be the safer choice. But if a Chinese manufacturer has a proven track record, I would see no reason not to purchase its products.

Funny thing is, in my case, that I almost invariably buy used audio components, and have been doing so since the 1980s. This Denafrips DAC is literally the first major component that I have bought new in ~30 years. Part of my willingness to buy from a small Chinese manufacturer was the obvious care with which its representative (the aforementioned Alvin Chee) communicates with customers (both current and prospective). He can be found on various forums answering questions and concerns about the products, and, in contrast to some others, makes virtually no effort to (directly) push for sales. He is also very good at communicating privately via email, and this is the type of support that bolsters my confidence when I am considering a purchase.

I have no doubt that there are many good DACs from many companies to consider. Denefrips seems to offer a nice combination of quality and value, but I'm sure that there are American (or German, etc.) made DACs that are equally worthy of consideration.
I have the Audio Mirror Tubadour 3-$1,500 and find it much more enjoyable than some others I have used. Hand made to order in Minnesota. Satisfaction guaranteed. Won't get that on most imports
from Asia.
I have the Audio Mirror Tubadour 3-$1,500 and find it much more enjoyable than some others I have used. Hand made to order in Minnesota. Satisfaction guaranteed. Won't get that on most imports
from Asia.
traudio OP
Looking for a DAC under 2k
Don’t think you could go passed a discrete R2R from Denmark at Soekris Audio .
http://www.soekris.dk/products.html

US/Canada Distrubuter https://soekris.modhouseaudio.com/soekris-audiophile-line

Cheers George