Which player has all this????

I am trying to find a tubed player that can do SACD, has balanced outputs, upsampling, and a preamp with volume control. Budget new or used is around 3000.00, but can go higher. I am currently using Denon 3910 (no mods)through a Sunfire Theatre Grand II processor, Classe seven hundred monos, and B&W 800N. Current sound is a bit bright and grainy. I am trying to fix that. Does this CDP exist?
baffled
Velo62 blams your B&W 800Ns for the grainy & weak bass, Although, I don't remember you complaining about weak bass. I have B&W 801Ns and I have never experienced weak bass. Notwithstanding, I suspect it is the synergy between your components that is causing your complaints.

I originally had the 801Ns coupled with a Parasound Halo C2 (which I still use for HT)& a Mac MC402. Perhaps, a bit bright but never grainy. This was corrected by changing my speaker cables to PS Audio Biwire Xtreme Statements. I have found that my 801s like copper in the mix. The mid and upper range further improved with the addition of a Mac C2200. The addition of a Hydra 8 made it near perfect for me. I have also done some tweaking with power cords. After trying several, I now have a mix of the Shunyata Anaconda Helix, Nordost Valhalla & Vishnu and Electraglide Epiphany X & Epiphany.

For wires that work best for your system, I would suggest, The Cable Company 1 800 FAT-WYRE. They are very helpful and have a "lending library." You can actually try several for the cost of mailing, which I believe is credited to a purchase, if you decide to purchase.

As far as an SACD player, I can't help. I use the Krell SACD Standard. I am very happy with it but it does not have tubes nor a volumn control. I have found that you can get many of the tube benefits from a good tube pre-amp in the system and still maintain much of the benefits of solid state. I have heard many good things about the CARY 306 but have not had the opportunity to audition it.

I hope you find something in my journey useful. Enjoy the trip and treasure the good sounds, Bill
Based on lots of advice here and from lots of reading it seems that I need a new two channel preamp instead of connecting the CDP directly to the amps. I am going to keep two channel and H/T seperate, so modifying the Denon is not the answer. The Denon is going to stay in the H/T setup. Also, I will not be changing speakers until I hear what the 800N's will do with a good front end and decent cables in place. What CDP would be a good choice with SACD, upsampling, and balanced outputs? I am going with a tube preamp, so I do not think having tubes in the CDP needs to be a priority any longer.
You might try the new Wadia 581 or the DCS integrated CD player. Both of them have what you want. I prefer the sound of the Wadia but some other people like DCS.

Both is in the higher price region (10.000 US$).

Peter
Baffled, you are on the right path with the tube pre. SACD I don't know about. Personally, I would go for dedicated redbook player or a good external dac. I am willing to bet you will have more redbook discs than SACDs to listen to. And please do not disregard suggestions with cables. They make a huge difference!!!
I have a new mcd 201 that I'm running directly into a mac352.I had a c2200 but my current setup sounds the best,I have very revealing speakers.(proac 1SC's)