Ethernet cables

Hi,
Looking to upgrade my ethernet cables without breaking the bank.  Currently using WireWorld which are adequate but lack sparkle and weight.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
MP
mpomerantz
Basically it is the same advice I give to those putting together their 1st system. Put their money into the active components, purchase quality inexpensive cables, and tweek thereafter once one has become familiar with the system.  I sometimes take my own advice. :-)

+1. I really like starting with equipment that is inexpensive, because I don’t subscribe to the view that more expensive must be better & my hearing seems to bear that out. However, sometimes expensive equipment truly is better, but even then I want to hear the level of improvement from an inexpensive baseline to figure out the cost-benefit of spending more. At a certain point in audio spending, the difference becomes the difference between good and better rather than good vs not good. 'Good enough' is still tremendously enjoyable for me & why there is a lot of audio equipment that I would get before even considering upgrading from the already high bar of the Supra Cat 8 cable. Not to mention that I would rather use my limited time to listen to music than play with equipment.

I can definitely tell that the Supra Cat 8 cable is most definitely worth $65 ($50 more than a basic cable) and probably one of the best values I’ve found to improve sound quality. The Phasure Lush USB cable is more expensive at $200-250, but I’m willing to spend on that as well given the sonic benefits I’ve experienced. I do think that the marginal returns most likely decrease as prices go up even higher. A $1000+ cable would have to work some sort of miracle to justify my spending that much. Maybe down the road, but I still have to consider value when spending on a working person’s budget with kids about to go to college.
+2. Exactly my thoughts. Been there done that. Many years ago. Whether you continue to experiment with everything down the road, including with cables, it depends on how passionate you remain with the hobby 

mesch2,572 posts
03-17-2021 7:58amBasically it is the same advice I give to those putting together their 1st system. Put their money into the active components, purchase quality inexpensive cables, and tweek thereafter once one has become familiar with the system.  I sometimes take my own advice. :-)
If they are to spec, it will not make a difference.  Believe me, I am in the industry. Unless you are running more than about 200 ft, there will be no difference.  The signals on the cable are digital, they have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with sparkle & weight.