For a few dollars more

You could take your speakers, hang em high, and feel the sudden impact. Granted you may have to turn your amp every which way but loose, but then you could play misty for me any which way you can and not feel like we had to run the gauntlet. In a perfect world the beguiled listener would be the rookie, and to spend more would be a true crime. In other words, you don't need to spend a million dollar, baby.
128x128millercarbon
Post removed 
Good for you! An excellent thread. I'm sure most of your naysayers wouldn't dare bite off their tongue to spite you. Kudos miller carbon for some needed levity and homage to a great actor, director and producer, one of the greatest of all time. He certainly stood in the line of fire and successfully navigated the gauntlet...

Not to mention holding his own with Clyde.
Damn, the first thought I had about this thread was that Clint had died. Had to check the news. Glad to see it wasn't true. I have barely gotten over losing John Prine.

Clint Eastwood will never die. But the day we lose him I will mourn. Even just writing the words chokes me up a little. I love movies about as much as music, and Eastwood is as big a movie star as they come. As a director he is up there with Quentin. As a producer he is up there with the, well no on second thought he totally outclassed the one I was gonna say. Come to think of it he outclasses just about everyone.

He was at one point if I remember right the mayor of Carmel. Nothing unusual about famous people going into politics, but how many come out smelling like a rose? Carmel is one of the most beautiful places imaginable, and I had lunch in his Boar's Head Inn back when he still owned it and what a beautiful experience that was. There was a grace and pose about him that, well how many guys can punch a bag in front of Muhammad Ali and come off looking this good? https://youtu.be/Y3LXsEaaBX4?t=198

See what I mean? This has never been a perfect world but with Clint you imagine maybe it could be.
Tarantino is good, but he's no Clint Eastwood. Can't match him as an actor, for sure. As far as directing, he copies what was once upon a time in hollywood. Clint is a classic that many will emulate, Tarantino included...
I kid you not, I saw him with my just married wife in Carmel at the Hogs Breath Inn. He was eating there, he owned the place. We were there on our honeymoon. What amazed me at the time, he had a beautiful date and two bodyguards that were HUGE, BUT he was TALL, like 6,3-4" I'm 6,1. He was a Half apple taller than anyone around him.. Our waitress asked? Would you like to see Mr. Eastwood? I laughed and turned around, they were walking people by him outside his THICK glass. He sat dead center of the room though. I said NO, let him eat the Steak and Shrimp he ordered.  I love Carmel.. I think he was Mayor then. 1980-81.
Toots Lagoon too. Best breakfast you could have.. Baby red potatoes with Eggs Benedict and fresh peach preserves.

You could still get a ticket there for wearing high healed shoes.. Was still on the books last time we were there, 25 years ago.. NO they didn't enforce it.. I use to take her there for the whale watch.  I love whales... Look one of those guys in the eye.. Your in a long boat.. Trust me it aint' that long.. LOL Orca pods are pretty cool too.. BUT they are the Clints of the water for sure, humpbacks RUN from them.. Great whites, an uncommon meal, but a meal none the less Yum, Yum.. Seals though.. Nasty creature, not bad eatin' though, DON'T cook it.. you'll gag, best raw.. Orcas think so too..

They roll Clint over AFTER he get blown up, and he's laying there and opens his eyes and says something about long moon lit walks and Le-te-da, in that gravely "GUNNY" voice..
Brock Lesnar all weippe Id'.. The big dummy..

Regards

kingbarbuda  - you’ve got your gun wrong, it’s a Smith and Wesson Model 29 .44 Magnum with a 6 inch barrel.  At the time the most powerful handgun in the world, not any more, not by a long shot (pun intended!).