Vinyl is interactive and fun and different and you can go search for it in new and interesting places which are all the reasons that it is more human medium than digital or streaming plus it is a tactile medium which also enhances its charm.
He's a moron...

I love music and I love all of the mediums for playing it.  I prefer my vinyl rig and enjoy it immensely.  To each his own, but to denigrate a major source (vinyl) is just moronic.  "So there, I'll say it"... he's a moron.   
If you like vinyl better, great. 
If you like digital better, great.
I've run both formats for decades, each has advantages, and disadvantages.

I learned that to do any format well, so it sounds like music, takes a lot of knowledge, experience, and a considerable financial investment ( hardware and software).

Q. So who has the best sounding system? 
A. Generally, the person who chooses to focus on just one of these formats, does it the best they can, and spends the rest of their $$$ for preamps/amps/speakers rather than running both digital and analog front ends. Unless, you have a huge budget, then of  course, do both as you please.

There is more music out there in either format than I can listen to in a lifetime. Choose one and do it with the best implementation you can and you'll be happy, maybe!

It still boils down to preference. Personally, I gave up vinyl 30 years ago and would never go back. To me vinyl is too inconvenient. Even if it does sound better, which is a contentious debate, It has too many negatives for me. I have 4 systems so I would need 4 turntables, I have 3000 Cd's. 3000 Lp's would would take up too much real estate in my home, pops & clicks drive me crazy, inner groove  distortion, Lp's & subwoofers don't place nice with each other. Lp's are too sensitive to floor construction. Lp's need to cleaned all the time. Turntables are a pain to setup properly. Warped records drive me crazy. Even though Lp's have all these negatives to me, I would never it say vinyl sucks because it gives some people great musical pleasure.
Its all about the music no matter the format . The format that makes you enjoy the music most is the one for you

Me ? I can enjoy whatever medium...be it cd , streaming or viniyl . ITS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC.