The Exogal saga continued....

As the owner of the Comet Plus/Ion combo, I have been a vocal critic of Exogal for fumbling the ball on the absence of applications needed to run them. They made the Comet without an illuminated window and reading it is difficult, and the remote, by their own admission, is inadequate. So the apps were indispensable, period. They have claimed for months that a new, improved remote "module" was in the making and about to be released immanently. I actually tried out a prototype they sent me and it wasn't very good. As time passed I tried to communicate with them via their website (on which they advertise a streamer line that they don't make!) and by phone, and was ignored.

So I chased down their sales manager here on Audiogon and he put me in touch with the CEO. The CEO admitted there was a problem and offered a range of excuses--a knee operation, a major internet hacking of their site, the pandemic, poor Chinese-sourced parts, an inability to get parts, etc. [In retrospect I am surprised that he didn't claim the same aliens who started the forest fires in California had attacked Minnesota] I said that I had the Ion packed up in a box as it was unusable and requested a remote for the Comet which he said was ready and would be shipped. He further stated that a new product line was in the making and that when it was released those who had the misfortune to purchase the Comet/Ion could trade those units in for "generous" credit toward the new line. Very well, I have spend thousands of dollars on this stuff so how long do I have to sit on it until I can change it out? There is no timetable for the new offerings--possibly by the end of the year, possibly not. Basically I got the old "trust me, I'm working on it" speech that they give everyone.

Two weeks went by--no remote. At that point I demanded a refund for the Comet and Ion which of course the CEO denied. He claimed he didn't send the remote because he assumed that I had packed both the Comet and Ion away until the unspecified time that he would so generously exchange them for his new products! He said he would send the remote immediately.

Yet another week has gone by--no remote. So I pass all this on to the court of public opinion. But it is ironic that the CEO of Exogal, in one of his own public postings right here on Exogal wrote: 
 "
Too many audio companies announce a product, start selling it, and then frustrate the paying customer with BS excuses. Meanwhile, they've got your money." That sounds remarkably like the situation I find myself in. 
128x128rtorchia
I know that manufactures do lurk these types of site's all the time so the OP has a legit complaint and it has fallen on deaf ears.

I say good for you but as another said now maybe you should just cut your loses and sell this gear.

Best of luck to you.
What I think some of you are missing is that this is a SAGA, it says so right in the title.  A saga has a hero, a quest and a villainous monster (or sometimes a monstrous villain).

In this saga the intrepid Rtorchia, Son of Rtorchia, has seen the evil beast Exogal destroy his village and violate his stereo.  Driven by his thirst for revenge Rtorchia must set out on a quest to slay the beast and restore honor to his stereo.  After weeks of stormy seas, windy mountain peaks and desolate deserts Rtochia corners Exogal on an internet audio forum and an epic battle ensues.  Rtochia disembowls the beast, but alas, he too his mortally wounded.  Rtorchia, Son of Rtorchia has avenged his stereo and ascends to Valhalla.

It need a little work, but with some polish it's a good pitch to Neflix or Amazon.  I'm thinking Tom Holland as Rtorchia and Gary Oldman as the villain.
The remainder of our disagreement you will have to negotiate with my attorney.

I think this sums up that you have lost perspective on the entire issue and have become irrational. It’s no wonder Exogal stoped responding to your emails when you started demanding a full refund 2 years after purchase.

Yes the app has stopped working and development been abandoned. Yes you were not sent a remote/other method for using your product, and the company principals did not resolve your issue in a timely manner.

But what you are doing here is not proportionate. Take a step back.