Brand new Technics SL-1210GR platter wobble ... disappointed!

Got a brand new Technics SL-1210 GR. Tonearm bearing feels good, no other issues, but it has a wobbly platter. Not as bad as I have seen in Hanpins, but should a $1700 table made in Japan have this amount of wobble? My Project belt driven TT has no wobble that I can see with naked eye.

I have uploaded 3 videos on YT. Can you guys take a look and tell me if this is acceptable for a $1700 TT w/ no cart?

Debating whether I should accept this or return it. I do not want to send a brand new TT for service. FYI, I did reseat the platter at various angles to see if the wobble went away, but no such luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du8rBwvrhVM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQsdpmKrXhc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm7ghWgcqFo

P.S. Apologies for a bit of camera shake, but I think it is clear to see the platter move up/down

128x128dandaroy
OP

patience for the technics TT 

Will last you 40 years.
just,wait for it to be in stock, or buy another somewhere else.

If me, I would wait. 
Will the Technics retain the warmth of belt driven turntables? Michael Fremer in his review indicated that constant adjustment of speed gives it a sharp edge to the sound?
Will the Technics retain the warmth of belt driven turntables?

You can’t hear a turntable, you hear a cartridge and phono stage.
Warmth of belt drive (or any other TT) is a myth!

Turntable rotate your vinyl, nothing else.
If you want warmth buy yourself some nice tube amp.

Michael Fremer in his review indicated that constant adjustment of speed gives it a sharp edge to the sound?

When you will be like Mr. Fremer you may be able to hear nuances nobody can hear.
Maybe you will need a few million dollars sound system for that.
Warmth of the belt drive isn't the myth. I do have Era turntable paired with Ortofon tonearm - it makes a lot of soft passages in any system. I will keep it just as 3rd turntable and as curiosity.

Never liked the cheap DJ Technics like 1200 series. Nowadays they are not cheap anymore. Nowadays they are expensive turntables although in my opinion they are still cheap Technics with premium price tag.

I do like SP10 MKII with a normal tonearm/plinth it can sing.

Coreless DD motor ain’t cheap and no one can do that at the price Technics offered. This is a huge benefit, "best buy" option.

I always preferred SP-10 mkII, but most people on audiogon are beginners when it comes to turntables, and some of them don’t know how to set-up a tonearm or cartridge, so combine Drive + Plinth + Tonearm is much more complicated for them. They are all afraid of vintage turntables, so they have no choice.

New Technics are top quality turntables, G is a high-end unit and GR is not far, even MK 7 is much better than nearly all BD at this price ($1000).

SP-10R is the ultimate, if you want to talk about Technics please consider SP-10R and try to find any weakness of this taking in count its price.

If you can explain a "warmth" of a drive that rotate record then please write an article about it. I think it’s subjective and has nothing to do with facts. Everything else in analog chain can change the sound so much (much more), but not a TT drive (it’s the last thing ever).

Problem with relatively cheap BD turntables is their build quality, their tonearms (with no adjustment at all), their cheap motor, their belt, they are like toys for kids and those are the most popular today (rega, pro-ject, music hall - all that cheap crap).

Quality belt-drive is something like THIS