Do you ever miss vintage gear you no longer have?

Join our live streaming show LISTEN UP AUDIO where we discuss topics around passion for music, vintage equipment, tech talk around audio specs (especially Noobs to our hobby) and even DIY. We have a weekly show on Twitch on Friday nights at 7pm est.
Please feel free to follow and subscribe on Twitch.

https://www.twitch.tv/listenupaudio

Check out our newsletter here:

https://mailchi.mp/1246c370ffdb/listen-up-audio-show-weekly-newsletter

audioabyss
My Altec Lansing model 19s. The first song I heard on these was Black cow by Steely Dan. Totally hooked on them after that. I’m curious about how they would hold up to my current system.
I sure do. Sold a fully refurbished Krell KSA-250  amp 10 years ago and missed it ever since. Arguably the best sounding power amp I have ever owned. The other item of HiFi equipment I regret selling were a pair of Yamaha  NS1000M speakers I purchased new in the early 80s and sold 6 years ago. That was a mistake, they looked and sounded stunning. But, hope is on the horizon, thinking about buying a pair of Yamaha NS5000 speakers. Every review I have read on these speakers rates them very highly. So, if you are a former NS1000M owner that upgraded to NS5000, I would love to hear from you.
Yes, of course! I can’t believe I sold my Pristine Sansui 9090DB, or my McIntosh C-29, C-28, C-26 (the 26 is the one to have), or the MC-2300 (I miss it every day!), or my HK Citation 17, my EMT 927, my Pioneer RT1050, my Mark Levinson ML-2,s, my Krell KSA 50 ( what was I thinking), my GAS Grandson, my Nakamichi 1000, 600 and 500, my SUMO Electra II, my marantz 7, my EPI 500’s, my ESS LS5’s, all my Phase Linear 400 & 4000, my ReVox B77, my Crown 822, I can go on and on.
Then I realize it’s okay.  They are all in a good home someplace and what I’ve kept are the units I can’t seem to live without. But, yes I do miss just about everything at one time or another. I think the only think I don’t miss, is my LP12..... no, not one bit. =)

N